My Dream Aleph 2 Coming True

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's an easy job to match them. No special equipment required.

Just a good supply of donor parts to match together.

We needed 4 x 6 (ie 24 matched sextests), I managed that by buying 50 MOS-FETs at £36.

The groups of 6 (for the Aleph 4) dont need to be matched together, just the groups of 6 that make up each upper and lower leg.

With an Aleph X the groups need to be matched, with a Aleph(4) only the upper six need to be matched, the lower six are matched seperately.

Basically you can consider any Aleph with four groups of MOS-FETs.Upper LEFT, Lower LEFT, UPPER Right and Lower RIGHT.

Each group needs to be matched but the groups dont need to be matched togther - UNLIKE an X where they do need to be matched.

Last edited:
his nick is H_A :)
your best of buying heatsinks and build chassis if it will be aleph2.
if you dont need more den 40-50W. then aleph5 is a better build. it will save you a lot of money.

@all

thanks for taking some time for a newbie like me..with all the people recomending i will be first going for Aleph 5 mono to be used on center channel and then will add another amp...

@all

again any place i should start looking for deals any person i can talk to and read any direction....

V

good ! aleph 5 is a fine amp I am enjoying for 8 years now.the sound is fantastic and with a litle research it comes cheap.

Attachments

• Εικόνα074.jpg
    Εικόνα074.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 124
Joined 2002
Paid Member
i hear lot of good things about F5 is that also difficult to make...

I haven't actually built an F5 so take my comment with a huge chunk of salt.
My feeling is that the standard F5 should be no harder to build than an
Aleph, and might actually be easier. For starters, PCBs are readily available,
and the hardware requirements (heatsinks, transformers) are actually a bit less.

I haven't actually built an F5 so take my comment with a huge chunk of salt.
My feeling is that the standard F5 should be no harder to build than an
Aleph, and might actually be easier. For starters, PCBs are readily available,
and the hardware requirements (heatsinks, transformers) are actually a bit less.

between Aleph 5 and F5 ...the best to go will be F5 as i have heard lot of people raving about this amp...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.