My design L20D IRS2092+IRFI4020H 200W8R

I wonder if the L25D modules can be upgrade using the same caps.(May require a higher voltage rating). The rail voltage for the L25D is ~72v IIRC. I may investigate doing that mod.

Rick

You can use the same input caps ( Elna Silmic II 22uF , 50V will fit , lower voltage is OK ), but for the decouplers you'll need higher voltage ( mine are 63 Volts and thats the highest in the 820uF Pana range from RS and fit)

Cheers ,

Rens

If I were asked to characterize the sound of my L15D, I would answer:

When you listen to an orchestra being played back on my Class A/B: you listen to an "ensemble".
Listen to it on my L15D, and you will hear 50 solists, each of whom is playing at his best.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Now that is a nice description !
Good to hear it all worked out .

Cheers ,

Rens

You can use the same input caps ( Elna Silmic II 22uF , 50V will fit , lower voltage is OK ), but for the decouplers you'll need higher voltage ( mine are 63 Volts and thats the highest in the 820uF Pana range from RS and fit)

Cheers ,

Rens
I'm not at home at the moment, so I'll have to double check my PSU voltage on the one where I'm using the L25Ds. 63v will probably work.

I have 4 L25D on 63 volt rails. I upgraded the filter caps to Panasonic FC 470uF 100V according to the IR reference documents. My first batch of L25D had 80 Volt caps and the second batch had a very low 70 volt caps.:mad:

For the inputs caps I actually bought some MKS-4-100 22 but I never built them in as I have DC protection relays and my source DACs have tiny DC offsets. I just soldered in some wire. The DACs are directly connected to the L25D which multiplies by 40 to give 4, 18, 2 and 25 millivolts DC at the speakers.

The sound was much better with the input cap removed. As for the filter caps, I cannot say as I changed to active dsp crossover (nanoDIGI) at the same time. I know don't make two changes at once, but I just wanted it done.

Hi

I have just come across these great looking amp boards (late to the party, I know).

I am planning a three way active system, and had largely set my mind on the Hypex UCD180 ST and HG modules.

Has anyone compared the LD25 to the Hypex UCD units? I would be nice to save the money!

Hello guys,

did somebody try another inductor?
Some posts ago some of you recommended to take a sagami inductor. Did you hear an improvement? Is the temperature getting low? My main reason to change would be the temperature, as these guys are as hot as I can't touch them anymore. It surely isn't good for the both capacitors, too. I thought about an additional heatsink, but I think this might change the characteristic of the inductor.
So could anybody give me a recommentation?

Thanks,

Stammheim

Last edited:
Hello guys,

did somebody try another inductor?
Some posts ago some of you recommended to take a sagami inductor. Did you hear an improvement? Is the temperature getting low? My main reason to change would be the temperature, as these guys are as hot as I can't touch them anymore. It surely isn't good for the both capacitors, too. I thought about an additional heatsink, but I think this might change the characteristic of the inductor.
I googled the sagami's, but I couldn't find a source to get them. Any hints?
So could anybody give me a recommentation?

Thanks,

Stammheim

One more question to the inductor... did somebody have success changing the switching frequency? Which frequency is recommended alternatively (which R)? Is changing audible?

heatsink requirements

Can anyone comment on the heatsink requirements? e.g. what minimum thermal resistance must the heatsink have that the mosfets are on ?

For that matter, how does one figure out the total Pd of the fets anyway ? They are usually either on or off (where v or i are at opposite ends of the spectrum for each state, so i would figure the power dissipation wouldn't be very high). Hence my question about how to figure out the power dissipation/heatsink thermal resistance needed.

Actually looks like the IRAUDAMP7 the L25D is based on has just a very basic block of aluminum (no fins), so i guess i could research the volume/aluminum thermal resistance constants and try to get a rough figure, but would prefer official/recommend guidelines..

sorry

Attachments

• Снимок0.jpg
    Снимок0.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 765