My Aleph-X compact PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I set up a WIKI Page to register the interest in a group buy for these boards.
In the meanwhile, I' ve sent Mr. Pass a mail asking for his authorisation to set up the group buy, as it is not my wish to infringe Mr. Pass' IP in any way.
I am also getting the first offers from some PCB manufacturers and I believe by Monday we will know where we are with the prices.

One last note: I already put down in the WIKI the names of those of you who expressed their interest, feel free to change it as you feel or to point me to any possible mistake I've made.

Cheers,

Bruno

Hi all!

jleaman: yes, basically we are doing this to see where we' re heading to with the pricing. Anyway, tomorrow or after tomorrow I will have offers from several local manufacturers and I will know the price breaks (based on my personal experience, prices tend to drop considerably once you' re past 100 units). BTW, Jleaman: I see you want 4 mainboards and 4 driver boards. Are you sure? you need 4 driver boards for each main board (unless you wire the power MOSFETS P2P).

jacco: luxury boards? I was thinking about blue solder mask and 3oz. copper, with yellow silkscreen. Or are they too much of a luxury?:clown:

BTW: I can have IRFP240 for 1.20 EUR/pc. Anybody interested?

Cheers,

Bruno

I would be interested in the transistors IRFP240 and IRF9610, but how much would shipping be to the states roughly? As it stands I can get IRFP240's for $3.21 each and IRF9610's for $1.42 each if I buy them myself over here (including shipping), so I don't know that I would save much if any money on them... I guess it depends how many I get though, but if so I would be interested.

I was told by rwagter that the power resistors are hard to find in Europe. I can get Panasonic 3W 0.47 Ohm power resistors (same ones NP uses) over here for a reasonable price (P0.47W-3BK-ND at Digikey):

1 for $0.51
5 for $0.476 each
100 for $0.3054 each
1000 for $0.1833 each

Plus shipping of course. If this is a good price (I don't know if it is or not) and there is enough interest I would be more than willing to help out with whatever I can do. Shipping to most countries in Europe would be between $5 and $10. So if you got 30 of them the price for someone in europe would be ~$21 (or less depending on interest) as the total.

Let me know what you all think.

Hi ron,

shipping from Switzerland to the States for a package up to 0.5kg (which should be enough for the boards and at least 30 MOSFETs) is approx. 17 EUR per "Priority" mail (including packaging material), that is, approx. 21 USD. "Economy" mail (a bit slower) would be approx. 11 EUR.

Cheers,

Bruno

Carondimonio said:
Hi all!

jleaman: yes, basically we are doing this to see where we' re heading to with the pricing. Anyway, tomorrow or after tomorrow I will have offers from several local manufacturers and I will know the price breaks (based on my personal experience, prices tend to drop considerably once you' re past 100 units). BTW, Jleaman: I see you want 4 mainboards and 4 driver boards. Are you sure? you need 4 driver boards for each main board (unless you wire the power MOSFETS P2P).

jacco: luxury boards? I was thinking about blue solder mask and 3oz. copper, with yellow silkscreen. Or are they too much of a luxury?:clown:

BTW: I can have IRFP240 for 1.20 EUR/pc. Anybody interested?

Cheers,

Bruno

I was going to ask you.. im going to build a 4 channel with 2 fets per channel low power i dont need more than 20 watts do i need the output boards or can i use wire ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.