My Aleph-X compact PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

well, as for the input caps, no way!!! :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:
They wouldn' t fit on this board even leaving the heatsink out, unfortunately PP caps are wayyyyyy to big. Using MKT caps would make things easier, but I' m not sure the sonic results would be as good as with PP...

TS Lo:
VR101 is 50K.

Cheers,

Bruno

Carondimonio said:
Hi grataku,

hmmm... well, I' ll try to fit the input caps, I guess 2 uF should be OK, what do you think?

Hi jleaman,

the output boards are daisy-chainable, there are also pads for screw terminals with a 200 mil step for this purpose (and, of course, normal soldering pads).
As for the group buy, well... I do not know, it depends on how many people are interested.

Cheers,

Bruno

Im just asking if i can use 4 fets or less or do i have to have huge output stage ? I dont want a power ful amp maybe 20watts ?

Version 5 - Input caps

Hi all,

well,version 4 has been trashed, don' t ask me why...:dead:

I redesigned the board completely and now I have found the place for two PP input caps :D :D :D :D

The two resistors between outputs and ground (33R 3W) will be mounted on the bottom part of the board, OR stacked above the big output resistors.

Any comments?

Cheers,

Bruno

Attachments

• alephxv5.gif
    alephxv5.gif
    37.6 KB · Views: 979
Hi all,

thanks for the compliments, guys! :blush:

Right now I' m taking a shot at redesigning the output boards; I would like to make them a bit more compact and, at the same time, to maximise the distance between the hot spots, as for the suggestion from Mark Stones.

I was also thinking to design a rectifier board (well, this shouldn' t be a big task...), so..stay stuned!
In the meanwhile, I would really appreciate any suggestion/constructive criticism to help me improve these PCBs.

Cheers,

Bruno

Re: Re: As promised...

mark stones said:

Move the "drain" track into the middle.

Hi Mark,

to move the "drain" track into the middle I should change also the order of the connecting pads. Not that important, but I do not like it aesthetically... :D

So, after some thoughts, I decided to revert to the previous placement of the mosfets (along the long side), but keeping a greater distance between them.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Bruno

Attachments

• alephpdv3-1.gif
    alephpdv3-1.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 857
Rectifier Board

Hi all,

well, I designed a first draft of the rectifier board.
It' s 3.2" x 3.2" and can accommodate both TO-220 (MUR15XX and the likes) and TO-247 (MUR 30XX dual rectifiers with common cathode) rectifiers.

Usual question: any comments/suggestions?

Cheers,

Bruno

P.S.: Mark, you weren' t being pedantic, your suggestions have been deeply appreciated and very useful for a noob like me!

Attachments

• rectifier.gif
    rectifier.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 862
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.