My Aleph-X compact PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: IRFP240 group buy

Hi all,

I' ve created the Group Buy Thread, with all relevant information, and updated the WIKI Page.

Tarasque said:
All,

I have received an offer to get IRFP240's from one wafer. If there is enough interest (500 pieces or more) I can buy them at 1,14. I also can get them matched at an additional cost of 20 cents each.

If everyone interested in IRFP240's would participate and 500 or more are matched in groups of 10mv, an efficiency of 90% can be estimated for groupsize of 8 or lower. Each FET will have a four digit number representing the Ugs in mV.

That means, for arround 1,45 euro, we all can get our fet's matched in groups of 8 within 10mv (or lower number) and do not have to order a single FEt extra for matching!

Who would be interested?

Hi Tarasque, are the MOSFETS from IR or other manufacturers?

Cheers,

Bruno

Carondimonio said:
Terry,

can you get them already matched?

Cheers,

Bruno

Hi Bruno,

No, but I know how to match them. I already have a jig set up for it. I'm just thinking by the time I pay for shipping across the pond I can buy a few more devices to make it easier to match.

I hope I didn't come off wrong. I was just trying to avoid a problem. I didn't realize they were not in the US when I put my name on the list.

Blessings, Terry

I posted this on the Aleph-X Compact PCB Group Buy Thread but figured I will post it here too. I am pretty sure somebody told me shipping from Europe to the US was 11 euro for standard and 17 euro for deluxe (not positive though) so in light of that, I was thinking:

Perhaps if by the 15th there are enough in the US buying these kits we could have them all shipped to one house in the US and from there they could be distributed via domestic mail.

Right now 3 people in the US are on the list (and one in Canada, whick would save money also on this as long as the package to them isnt more than 3/4 of a pound). If it were shipped to one place and then the two (US) were sent out, the totals would be:

17,00 euro ($19.95) to get the boards to one house
$3.85 priority mail (2 day) to send to one other house
$3.85 priority mail (2 day) to send to the other house
-----------------------------------------------------------
$27.65 total / 3 = $9.22 for a savings of $10.73 (this of course depends if the price of shipping from europe to here remains 17 euro even with the added weight)

I have tons of boxes and packing material laying around and would be happy doing all of this if you all would trust me... Of course with only 3 US takers it isnt a huge savings or anything but it is still almost 11 bucks. I even came up with an equation for the total per person with x being the number of US (and possibly Canadian) households wanting boards:

Total price per US persoon: ($16.10 / x) + $3.85
3 people = $9.22 ea
4 people = $7.88 ea
5 people = $7.07 ea
and so on.
These are some pretty good savings. And these may be a little more in the end depending on the cost from europe to here.

If there is an interest in this like I said I would be willing to help out. Let me know.

Luke said:
Hi Terry,

digikey is where I get my Fets from and they have them for 3.21 each. Last tine they were half that I think, where are you shopping?

seeya Arthur

Hi Luke,

Very strange. When I posted above, I had just checked Digikey's price and it was around $1.70 a piece. Now it is $321. I'm going to call them on Monday and find out what's going on with them.

Mouser has the Fairchild Irfp240 for $1.98.

Mouser IRFP240

I'm not sure how they compare.

Blessings, Terry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.