MPP

Mono Amp's

Hi Joachim,

My mono's are "at this moment" LA Audio P-88 and I'm modifying the LA Audio P-845. Which one are you using?
My Mono block will be out in December 2010 together with my new Electrostatic loudspeakers.
I'll send you details of them later.

I'm curious about the amp that is letting you down........

Thanks again for the pics.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz I'm already snoring ;)

Audiofanatic :D

the amp that always fails is the MACE Amp from Vienna. It is a super fast and clean design. The LA´s sound downright foggy agains them. They are very tempramental because they do not use any protection, Zobel or nothing just fuses and they hate to be short ciruited, that unfortunately happens all the time.
I am a professional speaker designer and have to swap much too often. I really hate that.
This little speakers are only build for me as reference. They stand on a Styrofoam -Granite stand that i build in 10 minuts from scrap.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
i supply the MPP with them. I now changed for bigger ones of better quality.
If i do not use batteries, i use the LC Audio Low noise supply that i modified with 27mH coils. My circuits have superb PSU rejection so lets see what the shunts can do.

I like the monitor speakers. Is their solid stand calculated as baffle extension?
You have good power and superb psrr but lets see, lets see, tests are near.:sax:

You have eyes like a hawk.
This stupid stands work miracoulos in many ways. Under the speakers are wooden discs from Frank Chang. I use Reed Cones and a special softdome that goes to over 30kHz and has extremely low intermodulation distortion. The drivers are from SEAS build to my spec.
I like Reed Cones the best followed by Aluminum. Next i try the Berillium Tweeter from Scan Speak. I met the Brush-Wellman guys in Las Vegas ( they supply the Berillum) and they know what they are doing.

Well, when that happens i send you a set of drivers with the circuit for the crossover.
Because you make speakers too you may have your own ideas about crossovers of cause. Mine is Acoustic Butterworth 3rd order, tweeter positive. I did a lot of LR24 but came back to this simpler design. I think the advantage is less parts and not so much the transfer function but that is a totally different story.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Well, when that happens i send you a set of drivers with the circuit for the crossover.
Because you make speakers too you may have your own ideas about crossovers of cause. Mine is Acoustic Butterworth 3rd order, tweeter positive. I did a lot of LR24 but came back to this simpler design. I think the advantage is less parts and not so much the transfer function but that is a totally different story.

I use the same alignment for tweeter filter in my home speaker. That is why you use a slant on your monitor? You use it 90deg shift for low pass too. Tilts down lobe if straight cab profile. I use it with a deeper step back than aligned Z axis for TW and stays upright. Thats an Audax with neo spider mag cap initially planned for Revel. I use a 4Ohm VC because it is a 95dB 1m spkr. Underneath is a PHL mid.

Attachments

• DSCF0751.JPG
    DSCF0751.JPG
    474.4 KB · Views: 461
Joachim

Joachim "First i was a newbee and now i feel like part of a community"

Well my dear friend that's how it started with a lot of us at DIYAudio.com

Please accept that you ARE part of the family and a great one by shearing a lot of your private project's with us.

You are a great member of this forum and we hope to learn much more from from one another!

Best regards,

Audiofanatic ;)