MPP

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Yes, Naim is not for everyone. Some love it some lose it.
I do not know. It just does not cut the mustard when somebody puts up his strong opinions here without any prove. Circuit diagram, picture of the build, measurements ? Fehlanzeige.

Allready regret my post.... Now I realize it´s weight :(

Anyway, no measurements, schematics etc.... just my humble subjective listening impression, corroborated by the opinions of other listeners....

For decades people have discussed up and down about all kinds of exotic components, and their influence on the soundquality, and here we have the Paradise, which in my humble opinion is way above average in all parameters, made of only good and sturdy off the shelf industrial components, no batwings, no Southburmese cockroach testicles, no emperes name written in gold, and no 100Dollars/cm wire involved, only good engineering to make it all come together. That by itselves can pose a threath to some people, like robbing someone of their religion:)
Sorry for my bad french.

For decades people have discussed up and down about all kinds of exotic components, and their influence on the soundquality, and here we have the Paradise, which in my humble opinion is way above average in all parameters, made of only good and sturdy off the shelf industrial components, no batwings, no Southburmese cockroach testicles, no emperes name written in gold, and no 100Dollars/cm wire involved, only good engineering to make it all come together. That by itselves can pose a threath to some people, like robbing someone of their religion:)
Sorry for my bad french.

You still haven't answered to my question.
What is your full set up and your reference phono?

You are taking and i am working .......

Attachments

• el primitivo prot.jpg
    el primitivo prot.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 196
Found it!!
If kenwood KS770D table with dynavector karat cartridge is way above average...then you are just supporting my line of reasoning!

That set up is crap!!! You are lucky if you can hear 40% of the information cut on the vinyl!

This is what makes me wonder...!!!

Again if you want a really educated critic on the paradise we can take it off line.
Conversely, if you want to continue getting feedbacks from people who don't know what the heck they are talking about..it's your choice.
I know you are a professional designer and that you know better than this!

Cheers!

Stefanoo why are so interested in the setup of others..??? You like what you have, I'am sure others like what they have too. you claim something based on your system, IS that the truth..?? I don't think so.. I may be your version of the truth, but in this there's no absolutes..only if we talk about measurable things we can talk in absolute terms, but not regarding the way the unit performs music. Just how much emotion can it give you. After all that is what really matters. When listening to my reference system..Well not really mine but the one we have in your show room I can hear just how much noise matters.. Well Its just about the only thing I really chase when I design my speakers. And this is where our speakers truly has an edge over most other designs.

Now back to the Paradise, then I must say that it really delivers, not only is it extremely low in noise and if built right and cabled right it's also dead quiet when it comes to hum. The most impressive is however the way it portrays the music and give you a sense of reality. In that respect I find the qualities it holds very rare, I think it comes down to the one gain-stage/one shot riaa..topology of the Paradise. Can It be bettered.. Sure it can, but as is, I see no commercial piece out there that offers the same musical qualities.

Stefanoo why are so interested in the setup of others..??? You like what you have, I'am sure others like what they have too. you claim something based on your system, IS that the truth..?? I don't think so.. I may be your version of the truth, but in this there's no absolutes..only if we talk about measurable things we can talk in absolute terms, but not regarding the way the unit performs music. Just how much emotion can it give you. After all that is what really matters. When listening to my reference system..Well not really mine but the one we have in your show room I can hear just how much noise matters.. Well Its just about the only thing I really chase when I design my speakers. And this is where our speakers truly has an edge over most other designs.

Now back to the Paradise, then I must say that it really delivers, not only is it extremely low in noise and if built right and cabled right it's also dead quiet when it comes to hum. The most impressive is however the way it portrays the music and give you a sense of reality. In that respect I find the qualities it holds very rare, I think it comes down to the one gain-stage/one shot riaa..topology of the Paradise. Can It be bettered.. Sure it can, but as is, I see no commercial piece out there that offers the same musical qualities.

Again I agree in part with you.
However setup is yes subjective but to a limited degree
I don't want to go through that as it is not the scope here, however you can't disagree with me that a $5k dynavector performs significantly better than a $600 karat and can point out strong points as well as week points.

Lastly to comment your statement, well if you have listened a bit to the things out there, just to mention one, an audio research reference will outperform paradise day and night.

Someone who has paid a fortune for his setup, will never admit that something cheaper can sound good too, it wont feel good.

Yeah, definitely but one man has to face the moment of truth and need to swallow your pride and own it up. I built the R3 and i am very happy with it. IMHO it is better than the Herron Audio phonostage in my set up. I am waiting for the supercap for the riaa. My brother with a similar high end system had a listen to it and his complaint was it is not silky smooth. :D