MPP

Here we go :
Advantages : Balanced input for good hum and common mode rejection
Base potential of both input at the same voltage so no DC into the cartridge
DC coupled, also in the emitter feeds, no elcaps
Less distortion because diffential
Disadvantage : 3dB more noise then Paradise with the same amount and type of input devices, can be solved with super low Rbb devices ( i think i found some that are not obsolete )

Attachments

• BAll Paradise input gain cell.jpg
    BAll Paradise input gain cell.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 222
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Here we go :
Advantages : Balanced input for good hum and common mode rejection
Base potential of both input at the same voltage so no DC into the cartridge
DC coupled, also in the emitter feeds, no elcaps
Less distortion because diffential
Disadvantage : 3dB more noise then Paradise with the same amount and type of input devices, can be solved with super low Rbb devices ( i think i found some that are not obsolete )

Very good... anyway the paradise is so silent, +3db might not be an issue.

No. With low Rbb transistors it will be even more quiet. We could massive parallel ala. Accuphase.
I will build a simple version of the input stage for testing.

I don't want to interject with this, but I felt like adding my two cents here.
I already tried months ago the input stage you just drawn here and it will be hard to:

1) keep the offset in pair
2) find proper RIAA curve
3) keep low noise

Granted poin 1) and 2) are met, point 3) will require serious paralleling of parts.

What I don't understand though, is that the reference to support the paralleling thought comes from a piece of equipment (Accuphase) that is NOT a reference soundwise whatsoever and that I would NOT consider the pinnacle of sound and that I would NOT buy myself.

One more time Paralleling devices will yeald to dull sound, lifeless and nuances will be gone.
Just like paralleling caps on the RIAA or using biasing El cap on the input stage.

If now, you would refer to something like Boulder or one the same sonic league, then your statement would probably be supported with more value!

However like I said these are my two cents...feel free to take it or drop it :joker::joker::santa: