• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MOX-like crossover and discrete opamp group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have completed mine a while ago but only now have I finally redesigned my amp chain. I have used the MOX now for a few weeks, a real blessing for the flexibility and I like the sound. I currently use OPA2134 with it.

Be warned though, you do need a clear understanding of crossover issues and ideally, of crossover topologies (Sallen Key) to use it properly.

If you use more than 2 channels and more than 12 dB/oct crossovers, you will also have several MOXes wired in series/parallel, as in my case, and the great flexibility of the MOX IMO then makes it a bit cumbersome to wire up and to use. Read, you'll have to sit for a while and ponder which jumper does what and where did that wire go.

But you will find the endless play with possibility very rewarding! You will try out things in a matter of days, which would have taken you months in passive crossover, or which you couldn't have done at all.

They were on Tiroth's site, I think. I should have them somewhere, and a truckload of the small pcb's. Didn't order the 2SK389's at the time (and punching myself for it now).
I'll see if I can dig something up.

Edit:
Well, that was quick, I found the files, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send them to you.

Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Configuration(s)?

Hi Guys,

Been staring at my boards over the past couple of nights trying to decided what to do. I decided that since the design is so modular, I would just build 2out of 6 boards I have to learn the ins and outs as best as possible.
I do have a questions about markings on the board.

Each section of the HP and LP has 2 sections for selecting the frequency.
These are lableled LP(HP)_FRQ_1 and LP(HP)_FRQ_2. Both sections range from 25 to 200. Are these FREQ settings for each half of the dual opamp?

There is a jumps for 1st order. If using only 1st order, is the FREQ set by LP(HP)_FRQ_1 only? Is LP(HP)_FRQ_2 left open?

If you could give an example of these, it would be helpful.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.