• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MOX-like crossover and discrete opamp group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My boards also arrived today, but i think the package must habe been left out in the rain or something it was totaly shredded and very moist, (they had wrapped it in a plastic bag at the customs) anyway the boards arrived in perfect conditions

so my thanks goes to you guys aswell :eek:) great work!

/ micke

Nisbeth said:
Mine too. Thanks! (this probably broke the record for most beat-up packaging, but everything inside was fine :))
but i think the package must habe been left out in the rain or something it was totaly shredded and very moist,

Good! If those survived w/o damage then hopefully they all did. I tried to use extra packing material on the international shipments--I worry especially about the orders going through customs, they often are not kind. ;)

Tyler,

got mine in Singapore today... but, but, sorry to break the news, only the first order, you forgot to add my add-on order. I got 6 MOX and 4 op amp sets, but I had added 2 more MOX and 2 more op amp sets...

FWIW, I now found a source in Taiwan for 2SK389 (THL Audio). They quoted me 2 USD for one pair of 2SK389+ASK109V. Parts come in pairs, they don't sell 2SK389 separately.

It's the complementary dual FET. In many circuits you need both N and matched P channel parts, just not in this op amp we have here because it is single ended.

Normally j109 is indicated as complementary part, and there is a 2SK109 as well. I don't know if the "ASK" is a typo or just another denomination, I asked them for a data sheet.

MBK said:
got mine in Singapore today... but, but, sorry to break the news, only the first order, you forgot to add my add-on order. I got 6 MOX and 4 op amp sets, but I had added 2 more MOX and 2 more op amp sets...
My sincere apologies...I really don't know how that happened as I have you in my spreadsheet for 8 MOX and 6 opamps. I'll get your additional boards out tomorrow and hopefully you'll have them by next Monday.

My sincere apologies...I really don't know how that happened as I have you in my spreadsheet for 8 MOX and 6 opamps. I'll get your additional boards out tomorrow and hopefully you'll have them by next Monday.

Thanks!

No sweat - you did a great job and I shudder at the thought of how your "shipping room" must have looked like. It will take a while to stuff the boards anyway and I already have stuff to play with in the meantime.

This probably should be on the 'solid state' forum, but this side seems more active. This may be dumb, but...

Can two active xovers be hooked in parallel to one set of output jacks, ie one rolling off at say 200 hz and one going out to 2000?
Will it do what I want, reinforcing the lower bass, or will it screw something up?
A simple equalizer circuit built on the experiment hole portion of the board is probably a better idea. Thanks. I hope I can comprehend the answer. We'll see...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.