• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MOX-like crossover and discrete opamp group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
let the fun begin

Tiroth,
My order arrived in fine shape.
Thanks so much for the hard work you invested in making this happen. I'm impressed by your thoughtfulness in making the discrete op-amp compatible with dip-8 sockets. I believe this will aid the discovery of the "best" combinations of components.

Jens,
You've made a great contribution allowing us to increase our understanding of audio electronics. Your generosity is appreciated. I look forward to your future projects. Let me know if I can be of service to you.

Hello,

I made a small board for a PSU to be used for different projects. The schematics and parts list are on the Delta-audio webpage. Feel free to use them.

I don't have pictures - sorry, but there is a unit sitting in my basement working right now.

It's called PSU ONE, because it's my first ;)

\Jens

First of all, Tiroth & Jens, thank you for your effort & contribution.
No doubt a lot of work has been made on the project.

Where can I find (online) the opa2134?

The PSU one: Is it 110V or 220V (or can be used for both)? Do you have pcb's of it? Can I use it for all the mox's together or shall I have one for each?
Are there any PSU's recommended to buy?

Thanks,
Boaz

Boaz said:
First of all, Tiroth & Jens, thank you for your effort & contribution.
No doubt a lot of work has been made on the project.

Where can I find (online) the opa2134?

The PSU one: Is it 110V or 220V (or can be used for both)? Do you have pcb's of it? Can I use it for all the mox's together or shall I have one for each?
Are there any PSU's recommended to buy?

Thanks,
Boaz

You can buy OPA2134 in many electronic compenents store online like - Digikey.com, partsconnection.com(this one I probably forget the spelling), or franel /et .com (this one too, sorry.)

The PSU 110V and 220V are the PS V In, which is depends on what country u are in. As an example, USA is 110V while Hong Kong is 220V. What u need to worry about is which transformer / PSU u need to convect from 110V/220V to the V out that u need for the X-over. If I remember it right, the board need like 12V, right?

Caps for power supply

Boaz,
Capacitors with low ESR are desireable for power supply filtering. There are many available, Panasonic FC being among them.

S.C.
The power provided to the board will depend upon the op-amps chosen. However, for many (most) of the options discussed here, +/- 15V is necessary.

Also, do a search here for "power supply", add "regulated" if you wish and/or take the search onto the web.
...and don't overlook the benefits of the discrete op-amp.

Enjoy!

2SK389V

Tiroth,

I know I have missed the boat, but somewhere in this thread, you mentioned that you have a reliable source for 2SK389V's.

There seems to be some interests at one of the Pass Labs threads for 2SK389V's.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42280

Would you be willing to disclose your source, or help us to order if there is sufficient interest ?

What would be the minimum quantity and price ?

Thanks,
Patrick

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Re: 2SK389V

EUVL said:
Tiroth,

I know I have missed the boat, but somewhere in this thread, you mentioned that you have a reliable source for 2SK389V's.

Would you be willing to disclose your source, or help us to order if there is sufficient interest ?

Thanks,
Patrick

Newark sells them:
1 - 9 $3.09
10 - 24 $3.00
25 - 999 $2.85
1000 and above $1.84

http://www.newark.com/NewarkWebCommerce/newark/en_US/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=38C0284&N=0

They are set as not in stock, but I ordered some and they arrived in a week.

--
Brian

Re: 2SK389V

EUVL said:
Tiroth,

Thanks,
Patrick
Patrick, I know Reichelt sells the 2SK389. Isn't that easier for you than Newark/Farnell?

/U.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.