• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MOX active crossover buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As an aside I am using the Balanced Line Drivers from Digi01 and they work very well, the have a very clean and symmetrical output on my scope. I plan on using these to provide balanced outputs with my Crossovers, if I ever build them. The maths on this Moxlite are getting beyond me, but the boards will look good in my over zealous collection of projects that never came to fruition. :) :)

Regards

Anthony

Attachments

• dsc05031.jpg
    dsc05031.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 353
Here is an example of what the MOXlite is ideal for. This is a 3-way 2nd order design, including amps, in a 6"x5"x1.5" (150mm x 127mm x 38mm) space. You could easily do a 4th order 3-way in the same form factor.

If you want to see a really big (109kB) image, use this link instead of the thumbnail below.

Amps are from BrianGT of course, http://www.chipamp.com/

Attachments

• cir_small.jpg
    cir_small.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 504
Just a reminder, the deadline is next Monday, April 18th, midnight.

What is available
MOXlite - $8 - 2 bandpass, 1HP, 2 EQ, regulators
Opamp - $5 - 8 discrete opamp boards
Shipping - $6 USA, $7 Canada and rest of world

Order form
http://www.anidian.com/audio/construct/mox_order.shtml

I plan to accept delivery of the boards on May 16-17. I will mail out all boards within a day or two.

I'm going to wrap up any tests or tweaks to the design this weekend, so if there are comments or requests, now is the time. The only recent change has been to increase the size of the mounting holes.

Thanks to everyone who has provided input! I did get requests for a number of things that might be a good idea, but that I just couldn't fit on the board. It made me think that it might be valuable to create another board in a similar form factor that would bring together a lot of common building blocks in one place. For instance, include a balanced input stage, some balanced/unbalanced line drivers, Linkwitz transform, dipole bass compensation, maybe additional EQs, and a PSU like MOXlite.

It's unlikely that anyone would ever use ALL the features at once, but it's low cost and could be used for everything from subwoofer integrator/bridged amp adapter to a line driver for a standalone active crossover.

Anyway, my priority right now is finishing the boards so that the order goes out on Monday. Next in line is the user manual and BOM.

If you do the new board that you mention, perhaps you could include an all-pass/phase correction section or two with 0-180 and 180-360 options.

Will you be able to restore the pictures on the op amp construction page? I may not need them once I have the boards in hand, but it would be nice to have the pictures as a backup.

Thanks for your efforts. I'm sure I am not the only one lacking board layout skills who really appreciates your sharing yours.

kepa1,

The "PSU" I was referring to was the regulator block in the lower right on the boards--it's complete power supply except for the transformer and bridge. If you are putting these in the same box as your amps, you can use the amps' bridge.

Everyone,

Continuing a string of horrible luck I've had lately, I had a complete hard drive crash on Friday. I've lost pretty much everything. However, I did have a backup copy of the MOXlite gerbers. It's this version:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=614868#post614868

http://www.anidian.com/doc/moxlite_v21_board.pdf

In other words, this is current, except the manufactured boards WILL NOT HAVE POTS on-board. If you ordered after I posted v2.2 and absolutely must have onboard pots, I would be happy to refund your money and cancel your order. Just use the email button below.

Corollary to this is I've now lost any hope of recovering more of my website. I would like to rebuild the photo-guide for the opamps, but I don't know when I can do that at this point. I'll definitely throw something less detailed up before I ship boards. I have discovered that Google images has snapshots of some or all of the images, so I'll at least put those up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.