• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MOX active crossover buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
pinkmouse,

That's a good idea. There is no problem with the topology, since the inverting input is already "free" for use as a balanced input. I'll see if I can squeeze some additional pads in to accommadate the extra resistors and inputs.

kepa1+APK,

I will be creating a stuffing guide. I'll post some more info on my site tonight.

Order form
http://tiroth.brinkster.net/mox_order2.html

Size: The boards are 3.09"x2.9" (79mmx74mm)

On-board pots: I have added space for a 3-terminal pot on each channel. There is limited functionality from this though--this will work great if you have the amp in the same box, but it won't be useful if you need a line driver, because there is no buffer after the pot.

Balanced out: I'm sorry, but this board just isn't going to support balanced out. Using normal opamps the size of the board would increase almost 100%, and even using something like DRV134 it would be 50%. All is not lost, though--pseudo-balanced works fairly well in most cases, especially if you have a high quality receiver.

Of course, one could always add buffers or balanced drivers on a small protoboard.

Here is the new layout. The ground plane is moved because it is a pain to keep ripping it up for each change.

http://www.anidian.com/doc/moxlite_v22_board.pdf

Attachments

• moxlite_v22.gif
    moxlite_v22.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 480
Here are the actual measurements from the prototypes. This is for a real set of active loudspeakers

Low pass: 320Hz, Q=0.5
Band pass: 320-3200Hz, Q=0.5
High pass: 1600Hz, Q=0.5

The red trace shows the high pass output, the blue trace shows a parametric notch filter centered at 12kHz, gain -3dB, Q=4.

I can see from the HF measurement that I need to reduce the ground fill a bit around the HP section. I thought that simply moving to a single-side fill would be enough, but I can see there is still a little too much stray capacitance.

Attachments

• moxlite_meas.gif
    moxlite_meas.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 438
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.