most powerful 21" woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If one 15 per side doesn't cut it get two. That would be close to the output of a horn midbass, but have no problems with 800 Hz crossover. And "long throw" may not be what you want for a dance party anyway. I've found that 90 degree coverage works best in most cases. 40 degree cabs make a "cone of destruction" that's too loud if you're right in its path. You want the music to be loud but not deafening, but the bass to feel like an earthquake.

No matter what subs you use you will need multiples. Even if you build Othorns you'll want more than one.

Ok thanks, I usualy cut the lows from the midbass (100-120 hz and down because I have sub for those frequencies) so I can open more the volume and have louder voice 25-30% and after with mixer or equalizer set the highs of midbass and midhigh with.... do you think that is good ? I know that if i cross the midbass at 800hz i will have some better sound but not so loud to combine with highs very well....

Last edited:
FYI..............

Overview

Yes i know that is very powerfull and good driver and maybe only 2" Coaxial....but dont belive that handles 150 AES middle range above 400hz and 80 AES high range this weight 9 kg and his magnet is ferrite , Beyma CP800Ti is 65 AES above 500hz, weights 10.3 and his magnet weight 8.9 kg same weight with total weight of BMS 4590 driver so how the **** this driver handles 150 AES watt above 400hz ???? more than 2 times bigger power than Beyma and has much smaller ferrite magnet than Beyma so that means fake AES spec..... same thing do most of high power drivers like Radian 950BePB, Peavey 44xt, JBL 2452h.... only driver i thing that handles maybe same power with Beyma cp800ti is JBL 2446h and best quality driver Radian 950BePB similar and BMS 4590.....

Magnet size isn't the only thing that determines power handling.

What if one manufacturer uses glue that melts at 150C, and the other at 200C?
What if the voice coil sizes aren't equal?

There are so many things that can alter power handling.

Yes of corse but in this class of expensive high frequency drivers the most of them has same voice coil size (4") and high currie temperature ferrite as and Beyma... so doesnt justified this big difference of AES power....

It may be loud but the M421 has a group delay peak ~60 Hz that is quite noticeable.

That's an interesting layout. Any information on the internals? For example, is like the attached diagram?

Attachments

• 20150529-horn.gif
    20150529-horn.gif
    30.3 KB · Views: 502
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.