most powerful 21" woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
81dB at 20 Hz without cab??? A qts of 34 means small looses???
One thing is correct, it work well down to really low frequencies, but not in a small enclosure and its by far not really loud! Its a good driver for loud Hifi or Homecinema , when its noit required to work below 25 Hz!
Okay whatever you want to do, do it and you will see what happens. But tell me one thing, when you think you do know anthing better then all that trys to help you, why do you ask then???
Bye the way, there is only one 2" Driver that is usable from 500Hz upward safely in prosound, and that one is not from Beyma! But its your driver and so do what you want!!!

If you can Reply the same question with that i did to wg_ski just do it....

Attachments

• 100_0185.jpg
    100_0185.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 239
This all being said, and in agreement with some of the other posters in this thread - you may be attempting to bite off more than you can chew. My smaller practical rig consisting of 4 TH18 and two conventional 2x12/2" reflex boxes is more than sufficient to do a "500 person dance". The bigger rig grew out of doing outdoor events requiring 500 yards of sound throw and 180 degrees coverage. I don't even do that sort of thing anymore. Last time I had it out, I used half of it in a hotel ballroom and damn near blew the roof off of it.

Impressive rigs!

How well do the 2x12 tops keep up with the TH18's? Is there enough kick in the tops with a 100hz or so crossover?

Thanks,
Ernie

This rig does a "500 person dance" quite well. It all fits in the bed of an F150. Power with RMX5050, a 2450, and a GX5. Nothing fancy required for the top cabs.

It has since been painted and had hardware put on.

Yes those are realy good ,th118 not realy get low... but 4 teamwork are good and for lows.... if i cross midhigh at 800hz do you think that 2 midbass Beyma 15P80Fe and two 2" midhigh (with jbl 2386 A horn 116db long throw) is good or i will need 2 more midbass for support ??? for lows I will make 2 X1 cabinets with dimensions of 21" i think is enough good.... I like deep bass :)

Last edited:
Wow koutrou, that is exactly what I expected! :)

I'm just getting a 404.

Really wouldn't mind hearing a decent DIY rig and sitting it next to the old Nexo Alpha I usually work with. I'm building myself a rig, sloooowly. Currently at a pair of EV 15" Deltamax tops with Beyma 15P1200Nd midbasses and EV DH1a CDs. Subs next - my current ones don't keep up, so a pair of THAM15s are in order.

Chris

Impressive rigs!

How well do the 2x12 tops keep up with the TH18's? Is there enough kick in the tops with a 100hz or so crossover?

Thanks,
Ernie

They keep up well enough for a dance party. They usually don't want ear-splitting music, but they want the kind of bass they can get with a kilowatt in their Honda Accord. I typically run with quite a bit of boost between 40 and60. I had a 2x15+2x8+1" rig for the mains, but it was too much in the 100-150 Hz range and I always ended up scooping it a bit there. Those cabs were way bigger, and as it turned out, unnecessary. There was always a broad rise in the midbass measured indoors, even though they measure pan flat down to 50 outdoors. If I do run into a situation where the 2x12's don't cut it I can always get the bigger ones out.

Yes those are realy good ,th118 not realy get low... but 4 teamwork are good and for lows.... if i cross midhigh at 800hz do you think that 2 midbass Beyma 15P80Fe and two 2" midhigh (with jbl 2386 A horn 116db long throw) is good or i will need 2 more midbass for support ??? for lows I will make 2 X1 cabinets with dimensions of 21" i think is enough good.... I like deep bass :)

If one 15 per side doesn't cut it get two. That would be close to the output of a horn midbass, but have no problems with 800 Hz crossover. And "long throw" may not be what you want for a dance party anyway. I've found that 90 degree coverage works best in most cases. 40 degree cabs make a "cone of destruction" that's too loud if you're right in its path. You want the music to be loud but not deafening, but the bass to feel like an earthquake.

No matter what subs you use you will need multiples. Even if you build Othorns you'll want more than one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.