most powerful 21" woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Take a look at Hartley 224HS. It is 24" super-woofer, with fs = 13 Hz.

Hartley loudspeakers

I don't know if is it the most powerfull but certainly is interesting :D

Website is horrible but probably worth the effort :)
At least as a curiosity.

Attachments

• Hartley_224HS.jpg
    Hartley_224HS.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,723
Please define what you mean, i.e. handles the most power, plays loudest, has the highest BL, etc.. IOW what is your intended application, performance requirements?

GM

P.S. This needs to be moved to the 'subwoofer' forum

i want it to use in large partys for Electro Dance Music...so i want most powerful also Beyma 21Pw1400Fe si very strong... has 14.4 kg ferrite magnet....

Google for "Comparison of Direct Radiator Loudspeaker System Nominal Power Efficiency vs. True Efficiency with High Bl Drivers" by Don Keele and "An Introduction To IPAL Technology - Powersoft Audio", by Powersoft-audio and B&C.

I don't know how to link to them here, but they are both just a google away...

Very interesting stuff. "Bl" is king!! (for high power high spl sound reproduction)

Cheers,
Johannes

Google for "Comparison of Direct Radiator Loudspeaker System Nominal Power Efficiency vs. True Efficiency with High Bl Drivers" by Don Keele and "An Introduction To IPAL Technology - Powersoft Audio", by Powersoft-audio and B&C.

I don't know how to link to them here, but they are both just a google away...

Very interesting stuff. "Bl" is king!! (for high power high spl sound reproduction)

Cheers,
Johannes
Nice stuff man thanks.... also i try find some extream powerful drivers ( PRV Audio 21SW4000 , Beyma 21SW1600Nd , 18 Sound 21LW1400 , B&C 21sw152 , Beyma 21Pw1400Fe and F&H W2415002 ) the 2 best 20 hz - 200 hz SPL had PRV Audio 21SW4000 and Beyma 21Pw1400Fe. From driver B&C 21sw152 SPL is wrong the drawing so dont know....

HI Koutrou, could you please tell what you do understand in large Partys. 100 Poeple dancing in a 50 sqm room or 10000 in a 500o sqm hall?
In general its allways a question of what you will do with the 21"! The Ipal of B&C and 18SWoofers are surely very powerfull, but not that easy to handle. You need a bit of knowledge about the whole Loudspeakerthing to bring them to a optimal performance.
I would suggest the big RCF Types the 21N551 for example or the 21" of 18Sound. Which Model is more a question of the enclosuretype that you plan to use!
Also a well working woofers are the PeDevices PD2150 or the 2450 in the old Turbosound Horns! I dont know how the perform in the big Scoopes from Roger Mogale, but they also seem to work well!
But first its important that you are sure about what you want from the woofer and how you are going to use it
Woofers like the Hartley or the Fostex FW800 are surely not bad, but not for hardcore use as Subs for Electropop in concert levels

Last edited:
HI Koutrou, could you please tell what you do understand in large Partys. 100 Poeple dancing in a 50 sqm room or 10000 in a 500o sqm hall?
In general its allways a question of what you will do with the 21"! The Ipal of B&C and 18SWoofers are surely very powerfull, but not that easy to handle. You need a bit of knowledge about the whole Loudspeakerthing to bring them to a optimal performance.
I would suggest the big RCF Types the 21N551 for example or the 21" of 18Sound. Which Model is more a question of the enclosuretype that you plan to use!
Also a well working woofers are the PeDevices PD2150 or the 2450 in the old Turbosound Horns! I dont know how the perform in the big Scoopes from Roger Mogale, but they also seem to work well!
But first its important that you are sure about what you want from the woofer and how you are going to use it
Woofers like the Hartley or the Fostex FW800 are surely not bad, but not for hardcore use as Subs for Electropop in concert levels

Thans man... Devices PD 2150 and Devices PD.2450 have the best SPL 20 hz - 100 hz dont know if this graph is real but is a good choice thanks.....

Hi koutrou, the PrecisionDevices Drivers are surely very ones, but only when in the right enclosure and also used the right way! Both work best in Horns and then you do need a lot of this horns to get a high performance at very low frequencies! I have worked with the Turbosound Speakers for long years and I allways liked them. But when you do require really high SPL at extreme low frequencies you do need more then 1 or 2 of the 21 or 24 inch Horns! But that surely depends on the size of the room you want to party in!
But there re so many more possible solutions, it only depends on what performance you do expect and what you intend to do with the speakers! As I said in my first post, when you want to use it ast home, when you have good time with friends and wanna party and dance, then one 21 inch in a good enclosure and with a good amp is surely enough, when you want to do a huge openair party with 5000 friends then you need some bigger weapons! :)
I attach some information about the TSW124 for you as example!

Attachments

• TSW124.jpg
    TSW124.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 883
  • TSW124-Specs.pdf
    142 KB · Views: 142
  • TSW124_draw.jpg
    TSW124_draw.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 876
Last edited:
Hi koutrou, the PrecisionDevices Drivers are surely very ones, but only when in the right enclosure and also used the right way! Both work best in Horns and then you do need a lot of this horns to get a high performance at very low frequencies! I have worked with the Turbosound Speakers for long years and I allways liked them. But when you do require really high SPL at extreme low frequencies you do need more then 1 or 2 of the 21 or 24 inch Horns! But that surely depends on the size of the room you want to party in!
But there re so many more possible solutions, it only depends on what performance you do expect and what you intend to do with the speakers! As I said in my first post, when you want to use it ast home, when you have good time with friends and wanna party and dance, then one 21 inch in a good enclosure and with a good amp is surely enough, when you want to do a huge openair party with 5000 friends then you need some bigger weapons! :)
I attach some information about the TSW124 for you as example!

Thanks man, nice enclosure sub bass design maybe i will buy Beyma 21Pw1400Fe is very powerful !!!

HMm what Do I think about your design koutrou? To be honest, nothing, cause this is no design! This looks like a 10 years old Kid draws Daddies whatever!

i have the original project but to paper, just now drawn fast to see the idea with 2 ways hornloaded (not sealed from the one way and from other way hornloaded) combine with custom horn flare (infrabass) for extended bass....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.