Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Somehow I cannot manage to connect pi3 via wifi. I made configurations with ethernet and shutdown and removed cable, but router did not have any info about assigned pi3 ip address.

network config file;

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
wireless-power off
wpa-ssid "****"
wpa-psk "**********"
address 192.168.1.110
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1
dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4

Plug back into Ethernet
Go to moode.local
Go to config>network
Config your network, reboot.

As a rule of thumb, it pays to read the installation notes before diving in. Everything you need is detailed in there.

Thanks for your reply, but.. I did exactly the same thing for three times! Also I read installation notes line by line..

Used rune, volumio and this one countless times... Every one of them worked flawlessly, but on this one I stucked! Only difference is this is installed on pi3..

Great! I'm looking forward to next big jump!

Hi,

Real-time FIFO scheduling for MPD included in Moode 3.0 :)

This provides improved overall responsiveness and ensures that the audio pipeline in MPD is not preempted by low priority tasks. The FIFO scheduler runs on both Standard and Advanced kernels.

This feature plus the Advanced Audio Kernel and Performance CPU governor provides a great foundation for high-end audio.

-Tim

What a fancy features!

Thanks for your reply, but.. I did exactly the same thing for three times! Also I read installation notes line by line..

Used rune, volumio and this one countless times... Every one of them worked flawlessly, but on this one I stucked! Only difference is this is installed on pi3..

My apologies, your post seemed to indicate that you had edited the config by hand.

When you go back in via Ethernet, are your network settings still in place and correct?

I have only got Pi3 in place now and all my units (more than 8) installed and are working flawlessly. There isn't a problem with the Pi3 or with Moode 2.7, other than the known issue with validating the ssid during config. But, if that was the case, the config wouldn't have been written and your post indicates that it was ok.

Is there a reason you went through Ethernet and didn't configure through the default soft-AP? That is one of the best points about Moode - not having to connect an Ethernet cable to set the device up.

Hi Robert, Hi Tim,

it´s my wish also: mind the sound quality! That´s the most important thing. I don´t want this to be overruled by other features, graphical effects or colourful guis. Keep it simple, keep it clear, please.

Thank You

Luki

Hi Luki,

The addition of Squeezelite as an audio renderer will not affect MPD audio pipeline.

-Tim

Somehow I cannot manage to connect pi3 via wifi. I made configurations with ethernet and shutdown and removed cable, but router did not have any info about assigned pi3 ip address.

network config file;

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
wireless-power off
wpa-ssid "****"
wpa-psk "**********"
address 192.168.1.110
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1

Hi,

Change

To

dns-nameservers 192.168.1.1

-Tim

network config file;

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
wireless-power off
wpa-ssid "****"
wpa-psk "**********"
address 192.168.1.110
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1

Recently I put up a youtube video of wifi setup on RPi0 with moodeaudio, without having a ethernet or HDMI connection. here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7n7xZe8x20

Tims instruction did not work for me, so I modified /etc/network/interfaces file in microSSD, I did it by just adding 2 lines at the end of the file: (don't erase quote marks)

wpa-ssid "wifi-name"
wpa-psk "password"

after that insert the microSSD to RPi and power on than try (http://moode.local) or local ip address. This worked for me.

Recently I put up a youtube video of wifi setup on RPi0 with moodeaudio, without having a ethernet or HDMI connection. here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7n7xZe8x20

Tims instruction did not work for me, so I modified /etc/network/interfaces file in microSSD, I did it by just adding 2 lines at the end of the file: (don't erase quote marks)

wpa-ssid "wifi-name"
wpa-psk "password"

after that insert the microSSD to RPi and power on than try (diyAudio server HTTPS page) or local ip address. This worked for me.

Very frustrated with this issue. Tried everything I can think of. No success. I can connect soft AP, I can configure wlan, after reboot all of my settings still there. I tried different security types.. Nothing..Unfortunately I cannot see a clue in router logs if its rejected or if its trying to connect or not..

Very frustrated with this issue. Tried everything I can think of. No success. I can connect soft AP, I can configure wlan, after reboot all of my settings still there. I tried different security types.. Nothing..Unfortunately I cannot see a clue in router logs if its rejected or if its trying to connect or not..

Hi,

To troubleshoot leave Ethernet cable connected, configure WiFi connection using the Network config screen (don't edit the files manually), APPLY then reboot, and then post back contents of

/var/log/moode.log
ifconfig
ip addr show wlan0

-Tim

Hi

Thank you for your work.
I normally use runeaudio but i try moode now...

I use a usb ethernet adaptater (for more speed and less noise).
The adaptater work and in command line i can have an IP but with the moode interface i don't see it(only eth0), in runeaudio it's work... Did you have a solution?

I have another request, i have 4T flac Music and some very big playlist and i need to change some custom config on the mpd config. What do you think about the possibility to add some custom option direct from the moods interface. Like editing the config file from moode or adding a place with custom command?

Hi

Thank you for your work.
I normally use runeaudio but i try moode now...

I use a usb ethernet adaptater (for more speed and less noise).
The adaptater work and in command line i can have an IP but with the moode interface i don't see it(only eth0), in runeaudio it's work... Did you have a solution?

I have another request, i have 4T flac Music and some very big playlist and i need to change some custom config on the mpd config. What do you think about the possibility to add some custom option direct from the moods interface. Like editing the config file from moode or adding a place with custom command?

Hi,

Moode only expects eth0 and wlan0. The code is not designed to handle any other interfaces for example eth1, wlan1 etc.

If u are using a big playlist for random play then check out Auto-shuffle feature on System config. Turn it on then press Random button on the main Playback panel.

Auto-shuffle selects a random track from music collection, adds it to the main Playlist then removes it immediately after it finishes. This keeps the Playlist from growing.

No plans to provide an editor UI or option for manually editing the conf files.

-TIm

Realy? no usb ethernet possible in mood?
Her is an interesting link;
Tracking down noise sources on a Raspberry Pi | Crazy Audio

And for the mpd option, a plan to add this option?
max_playlist_length
max_command_list_size
max_output_buffer_size

Hi,

If USB ethernet adapter uses something other than eth0 then Moode won't know about it.

What is your usage scenario that requires the MPD.conf settings?

-Tim