Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

The local UI is not displayed after startup.

I am enjoying new moode. it is cool.:)
Although I am enjoying LocalUI with only HDMI display without touch screen, LocalUI is not displayed after startup.
After startup, change the value of "configure-> system-> localdisplay-> screen blank" or display the local UI by executing the StartX command in SSH.:(
Please give me some solution.

regards.

Tim,
shares are SMB, 2 seems to work as described previously, 3 and it worketh not.
Total # of files, quite a few, around 1.5 TB total, mainly redbook PCM, some FLAC & Hi-res PCM, a very few DSD.
Just found and had a quick look through MPD log and all seems good there, just lots & lots of "update: added yadda yadda" nothing obvious saying not happy.
I'm not sufficiently au fait for lots of grepping of log files without explicit instructions.
tia,
Tony G

I am enjoying new moode. it is cool.:)
Although I am enjoying LocalUI with only HDMI display without touch screen, LocalUI is not displayed after startup.
After startup, change the value of "configure-> system-> localdisplay-> screen blank" or display the local UI by executing the StartX command in SSH.:(
Please give me some solution.

regards.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this!

I'm able to repro the issue and its very odd indeed. It appears that the localui service which runs Xserver and is automatically started by systemd, is starting too early in the boot sequence, at least for HDMI attached displays. It does not seem to be an issue for Pi Touch.

If you would like to test a potential fix, email tim at moodeaudio dot org and I'll send you the file.

-Tim

If it is any help, I am also using an HDMI screen for local display - it shows all the text mode boot messages and then goes to blanked - however, using the touchpad on my wireless keyboard brings up the operating UI so it seems like it is going direct into screen timeout mode.
Listening to some of Cookie Marencos DSD stuff via headphone rig ATM - pretty fine I think.

Tim,
shares are SMB, 2 seems to work as described previously, 3 and it worketh not.
Total # of files, quite a few, around 1.5 TB total, mainly redbook PCM, some FLAC & Hi-res PCM, a very few DSD.
Just found and had a quick look through MPD log and all seems good there, just lots & lots of "update: added yadda yadda" nothing obvious saying not happy.
I'm not sufficiently au fait for lots of grepping of log files without explicit instructions.
tia,
Tony G

If it is any help, I am also using an HDMI screen for local display - it shows all the text mode boot messages and then goes to blanked - however, using the touchpad on my wireless keyboard brings up the operating UI so it seems like it is going direct into screen timeout mode.
Listening to some of Cookie Marencos DSD stuff via headphone rig ATM - pretty fine I think.

Hi Tony,

I think for HDMI its same bug as @Yuchang reported. If you email me I'll send you the fix to try out.

> 80K files?

-Tim

Thanks!

Installed Moode 4.0 the "official" way . Installation ran like a charm, took about 1 hour and Moode was up and running. Had some trouble to keep my BT speaker connected but finally, after "search" and "pair", powering down the speaker, hitting "connect" and powering up the speaker immediatedly afterwards did the trick. I guess this will differ from speaker to speaker but if someone faced problems in connecting his speaker this may be worth a try...

I really like the look (and the features) of the new UI. Big compliment to Tim!

Anyway, although this is for sure "complaining on a high level", I would like to adress two minor issues I experienced:

1. The "Browse" Tab often shows a strange response when I try to open a folder - in particular the "Radio" folder - on the official Raspi 7" display. Instead of listing the radio stations, a pop-up "update this folder" appears. I guess its not due to my fingers because I use a tablet pen :D

2. Don´t know whether this is a bug or a feature: My Raspi is connected via HDMI to a Harman Kardon AVR which is my default configuration for listening. In parallel, a BT speaker is paired with the same Raspi and connects readily when turned on (after the initial trick, see above). The funny thing is: When I listen via the AVR (BT speaker turned off) and power on the BT speaker, music immediatedly stops and can´t be turned on again until the BT speaker is off. But for listening via BT, I have to select the BT speaker via Moode settings menu. This works fine regardless whether the AVR is powered on or off.

But these are really minors. Big thanks and many compliments to Tim and the entire team for this wonderful software.

Jörg

@Kikaha
1. The "Browse" Tab often shows a strange response when I try to open a folder - in particular the "Radio" folder - on the official Raspi 7" display. Instead of listing the radio stations, a pop-up "update this folder" appears. I guess its not due to my fingers because I use a tablet pen

There are two 'menu buttons' very close to each other. I have mentioned this to Tim and hope there is some separation in the 4.1 release...;)

The leftmost icon "microphone" when clicked opens the folder for drilling down.
The "icon" to it's right (the folder label/ text) gives the option to update when clicked.

They are too close ... even for mouse use let alone a touch screen.:)

@Kikaha

There are two 'menu buttons' very close to each other. I have mentioned this to Tim and hope there is some separation in the 4.1 release...;)

The leftmost icon "microphone" when clicked opens the folder for drilling down.
The "icon" to it's right (the folder label/ text) gives the option to update when clicked.

They are too close ... even for mouse use let alone a touch screen.:)

Ahh, got it. Thx for the hint, Drone. Seems that I simply have to try to aim more accurately... :rolleyes:

I don't really need to use it, but as I'm new to Moode and am trying things out, can an anyone please tell me if 'MPD Remote' works with Moode 4.0? I have tried it, but not sure if I have the settings correct (if it does work) as it just keeps telling me it is "building local library database". Thanks.

Regards,
Simon

Hello,

Just installed Moode 4.0 today via the Image Builder. Worked first time, thanks for that feature Tim.

Am curious about the webpage display. I commonly use my smartphone to connect and now when I see the Album name and artist on the left column, on the right all the tracks on seemingly every album are "undefined undefined" and then the correct artist name. The cover art is there but overlaid by the track listing.

This contrasts to the webpage on a laptop which shows all the information. I'm comparing the same album on both screens.

Is there a way to edit the metadata display as well ? I don't care to have "Genres" displayed in laptop view.

Any advice appreciated.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this!

I'm able to repro the issue and its very odd indeed. It appears that the localui service which runs Xserver and is automatically started by systemd, is starting too early in the boot sequence, at least for HDMI attached displays. It does not seem to be an issue for Pi Touch.

If you would like to test a potential fix, email tim at moodeaudio dot org and I'll send you the file.

-Tim
Thank you. quick reply.

I don't really need to use it, but as I'm new to Moode and am trying things out, can an anyone please tell me if 'MPD Remote' works with Moode 4.0? I have tried it, but not sure if I have the settings correct (if it does work) as it just keeps telling me it is "building local library database". Thanks.

Regards,
Simon
Yes, MPD Remote or others like M.A.L.P work fine.