Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Ram voltage

Hi

I have made som adjustments in the config.txt, and the sounds really improves :)

I have added these lines:

# Overclocking options
force_turbo=1

avoid_pwm_pll=1
arm_freq=466
over_voltage=-7

over_voltage_sdram_p=8
over_voltage_sdram_i=-4
over_voltage_sdram_c=-15

Is there anyone else that have tried som similar mods?

Cheers

Dunno if this is the right place to ask for help but I certainly need some.
I am trying to have moodeaudio 4 started on my raspberry pi zero w but I seem unable to.
I tried in 2 ways: burning the ready made 4.0 image on an sd card and burning a Debian stretch image and then building mode on it via the 2.3 building script.
In both cases the same happens: the system starts, machine stays active for a short while like 2 minutes during which I can access it via ssh as normal, then the ssh connection is abruptly dropped and I can't do anything else thaN pulling the plug and restart.
Any ideas on what am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance
Alberto

Dunno if this is the right place to ask for help but I certainly need some.
I am trying to have moodeaudio 4 started on my raspberry pi zero w but I seem unable to.
I tried in 2 ways: burning the ready made 4.0 image on an sd card and burning a Debian stretch image and then building mode on it via the 2.3 building script.
In both cases the same happens: the system starts, machine stays active for a short while like 2 minutes during which I can access it via ssh as normal, then the ssh connection is abruptly dropped and I can't do anything else thaN pulling the plug and restart.
Any ideas on what am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance
Alberto

I think this was working for you, let me explain :

System start and then building is starting ... after step 1 complete, system reboot so you lost ssh ... but after reboot building continue to step 2 and so on.
You can monitor building process once log into PI with SSH via :
mosbrief ... Process continue until you see END via mosbrief ;)
(You will have around 8 reboots to complete the build and maybe something like 2 hours for RPI0W)

Sample after log via SSH :

Code:
Send automatic password
Linux kernel 4.9.59-v7+ running on armv7l architecture
                          ____     __
              __ _  ___  / __ \___/ /__
             /  ' \/ _ \/ /_/ / _  / -_)
            /_/_/_/\___/\____/\_,_/\__/

moOde audio player
                (C) 2014 Tim Curtis

The programs included with Moode are free software; the
exact distribution terms for each program are described
in the individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.
Moode comes with absolutely no warranties expressed or
implied, or any other guarantees.

Last login: Wed Jan 31 21:33:36 2018 from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
pi@moode:~ $ mosbrief
// STEP 2 - Direct build so no need to expand Root partition
// STEP 3A - Install core packages
// STEP 3B - Install core packages
// STEP 4 - Install enhanced networking
** Compile bluez-alsa
// STEP 5 - Install Rotary encoder driver
** Compile WiringPi
** Compile rotary encoder driver
// STEP 6 - Compile and install MPD
// STEP 7 - Create moOde runtime environment
// STEP 8 - Install moOde sources and configs
// STEP 9 - Alsaequal
** STEP 10 - Squashfs option not selected
// STEP 11 - Optionally, install latest Linux Kernel
pi@moode:~ $

In this sample, building is currently at STEP 11 ... but not yet finished (You can have more details with moslast or moslog command)

You can also see that building is working via ACT LED on your RPI ... just after boot, led will blink a few, once building is starting or resuming ... led is always on until next reboot ... and this is like this for each step until the end where led will be back to normal use ( sometimes blink a few )

Regards

-Eric

Last edited:
It does not have to be in Pi when you set the background. It will allow you to browse a picture on your PC then upload to Pi. Very convenient.

I have tried to add jpeg several times from this screen but to date no luck. MoOde 4 allows me to select an image from my desktop and I can see the file was selected. As soon I enter update the jpeg is removed. Is there another step I have missed.

OK, thx. It didn't work here, but I forgot to put the Alpha blend factor to 0.
Now it works like a charm...
There's a size limitation on the upload as very large images would make things slow. The alpha value determines how much of the theme background to overlay on top of the image, this will let you use background images that might make the text hard to read. The fastest ui is going to be no background image with alpha set to 1.0 but the hit with background image and alpha isn't too bad.

I have made som adjustments in the config.txt, and the sounds really improves :)

I have added these lines:

# Overclocking options
force_turbo=1
I usually have my Pi3 underclocked a bit which I thought sounded better, but haven't done it while development is ongoing. Read more here if interested: Archimago's Musings: MEASUREMENTS: Raspberry Pi 3 as USB Audio Streamer (with recommended CRAAP config & TIDAL/MQA arrives)

Hi
The new Version 4 Installation worked well, until I tried to change the Themes Settings, which wasn't possible ( no themes-list,black window )
After clicking refresh, the GUI went white with a little background shining through.
I would first try clearing your browser cache and reloading, then if that doesn't work reboot your Pi, if neither helped then it's a more interesting problem that might require hitting the command line.

Hi,

Thanks to all of the Team for this lovely piece of software. I startet from the ground up, and I am not a linux enthusiast, but I managed it finally to run MoOde 4 final. It is great. Thanks Tim and the Team. I just made a Donation.

Best wishes from Germany

Hi,

Thanks for the nice compliment and for your financial support for the moOde project!

-Tim

I have tried to add jpeg several times from this screen but to date no luck. MoOde 4 allows me to select an image from my desktop and I can see the file was selected. As soon I enter update the jpeg is removed. Is there another step I have missed.

If it won't upload it may be too big...resize it to a file under 500kB.
Reduce the alpha blend from 1 to .35
After applying then reload the MoOde page in your browser.

Hi,

Thanks to all - the ppl who helped with the auto script - to Tim for the new update and adapting the fuzz (FOSS) :)

I managed to build the beta with the recipe... (even thou I had no idea of what I did) - took like 3+ hours or so.

Today - auto script -> 1½ hour including the new sd card image.

Donation send.

Just wished the Spotify connect feature would be implemented so it could pause mpd/moode - as you can with airplay - and resume mpd/moode when airplay stops... really neat feature!

Still using the raspotify as before - it have implemented the librespot-org fork. It works, just need to pause moode before pushing play in spotify

And could someone teach me how to add images to manual radio links - have a few local radio stations. Cant seem to find a how-to in this thread.

I have tried them, but I find them very hard to use. I usually just scroll the list with my finger. That seems to work better for me.

Cheers, Bryce.

Hi Bryce,

What I'm finding is that momentum scrolling does not seem to work on the Pi Touch, maybe due to bug in the particular version of Chrome thats used, so I've left the scrollbars visible.

The default ugly white ones can be changed into nice overlay scrollbars via the chrome://flags setting thats described in the Build Recipe COMPONENT 8, 4c but that requires a kbd.

Another option is to simply disable the scrollbars altogether which can be done in CSS. This would eliminate the need for the messy config in 4c.

I'm just trying to get a read on the need for scrollbars.

-Tim