Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

@aditya

The station seems to be geo-locked.

I don't know if this will work but download and play the station in VLC-media player.

Click on Tools > Media Information and the general tab should give you url at the bottom of the page.

Copy the url into Moode and see if it works.

There are, I believe software programs/tools which will decipher the station url from the playing web page but I have never used and have no experience of them, perhaps some google searching will help.

Ronnie

@aditya

The station seems to be geo-locked.

I don't know if this will work but download and play the station in VLC-media player.

Click on Tools > Media Information and the general tab should give you url at the bottom of the page.

Copy the url into Moode and see if it works.

There are, I believe software programs/tools which will decipher the station url from the playing web page but I have never used and have no experience of them, perhaps some google searching will help.

Ronnie

maybe this can help ?
you can add this stream directly inside moOde radio :
http://webstream.radioone.in/live/mumbai.stream/chunklist_w1612020532.m3u8

And the m3u file for launching it from where you want. it's not geolocalised, just the website.

Cheers.

Hi all

I was happily using the Librespot attached to Moodeaudio when I want to listen to some pop music from Spotify. But today, I am no longer able to connect to the Pi through any of the Spotify App in my intranet. (I reckoned this happened last summer when Paul Lietar updated the codes, but he is no longer supporting the Librespot).

Does anyone encounter the same problem? I would like to continue to enjoy music using Pi as the digital transport to my DAC, is there an alternative solution?

Thanks all in advance.

Hi bernhung

My Spotify devices list shows 'raspotify(moode)' and it plays as before. So there's hope for you!

EDIT: Not so simple! The above refers to my player running Moode 4.0 beta12 on Pi3. But Spotify will not play on my other player, using Moode 3.7 RT kernel on Pi2.

Further News: Spotify will play if I switch to the Standard Kernel in Moode 3.7. So my guess is that you are running one of the Advanced Kernels?

Last edited:
Too late to edit my above post any further, but it seems my investigations are being complicated by the internet periodically going down. So it's quite possible, and indeed likely, that Spotify still plays OK on both my systems and with all kernels.

EDIT: Spotify playing OK now on Moode 3.7, RT kernel.
Just a thought: Are you sure your Premium subscription is still valid?

Last edited:
I have managed to build a working version of Moode using the instructions on the Moode website.

The problem I have is that I cannot get audio out when I use my Kali re-clocker into my DIY TDA1541A DAC. The systems works fine with Volumio when I select I2S with Hifiberry DAC.

But when I try the same in Moode I can see on the Kali that the blue LED'S are lit to show it can see the 44.1Khz signal and the buffer LED blinks to show the buffer emptying. So all looks ok, but no sound. What have I missed?

Sorry if this is going over old ground.

Thanks,
Ian

Hi all

I was happily using the Librespot attached to Moodeaudio when I want to listen to some pop music from Spotify. But today, I am no longer able to connect to the Pi through any of the Spotify App in my intranet. (I reckoned this happened last summer when Paul Lietar updated the codes, but he is no longer supporting the Librespot).

Does anyone encounter the same problem? I would like to continue to enjoy music using Pi as the digital transport to my DAC, is there an alternative solution?

Thanks all in advance.
First check if spotify-connect service is active:
Code:
sudo su 
systemctl status spotify-connect
If not:
Code:
systemctl start spotify-connect

I have managed to build a working version of Moode using the instructions on the Moode website.

The problem I have is that I cannot get audio out when I use my Kali re-clocker into my DIY TDA1541A DAC. The systems works fine with Volumio when I select I2S with Hifiberry DAC.

But when I try the same in Moode I can see on the Kali that the blue LED'S are lit to show it can see the 44.1Khz signal and the buffer LED blinks to show the buffer emptying. So all looks ok, but no sound. What have I missed?

Sorry if this is going over old ground.

Thanks,
Ian

Hi Ian,

Reboot and then either post contents of moode.log or email it to me and I'll have a look.

cat /var/log/moode.log

-Tim

Some feedback on Heeboo's script.

*I* didn't rtfm and the latest script failed unsurprisingly on Step 3A.

I was using an older stretch-lite release "2017-09-07". An "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade" plus a quick cleanup fixed it with no more errors. It might help to have an upgrade step within the script before anything else.

This is on a rpi-zero (without in-built wifi / bluetooth) using a Samsung 16GB EVO microsd card. The overall installation time : 02:05:48

Couple of points for windows users:
- Notepad++ can create true zero byte files unlike windows notepad, which creates a 2 byte file for me.
- KiTTY (a clone of PuTTY) works well for automatic logins every time the script reboots your Pi.

Thanks

Some feedback on Heeboo's script.

*I* didn't rtfm and the latest script failed unsurprisingly on Step 3A.

I was using an older stretch-lite release "2017-09-07". An "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade" plus a quick cleanup fixed it with no more errors. It might help to have an upgrade step within the script before anything else.

This is on a rpi-zero (without in-built wifi / bluetooth) using a Samsung 16GB EVO microsd card. The overall installation time : 02:05:48

Couple of points for windows users:
- Notepad++ can create true zero byte files unlike windows notepad, which creates a 2 byte file for me.
- KiTTY (a clone of PuTTY) works well for automatic logins every time the script reboots your Pi.

Hello ddraspi,
Many thanks for your feedback, it's complete with solutions and tips. Very cool !

I've already see problems with step 3A, and found the exactly same solution

Can you test these command before launching the moosimbu.sh

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y upgrade

I'll test moosimbu.sh later this day, but maybe these commands can help and if it work give me a feedback.

Thank you & Good Luck.

And like i said in this old post, I waiting feedback and now I've it, so many thanks.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi Heeboo,

it worked thanks, finally a Mumbai Station I am smiling ear to ear...
if I want to add other stations then how do I go about it?

Hello,
For this one i'had good luck and found a .m3u file (on tune-in server the stream is geo-blocked), then I open it with a text editor and copy/paste the link here.
maybe you can found station on database streaming site like this one : Internet Radio: Music from Thousands of Stations
where you can download .pls or .m3u file (the two files have link and are readable by a text-editor).

I hope this help.

Regards

Too late to edit my above post any further, but it seems my investigations are being complicated by the internet periodically going down. So it's quite possible, and indeed likely, that Spotify still plays OK on both my systems and with all kernels.

Hi Jonners

Thanks for your advice. I have both 3.8.4 (RT kernel) and R4b12 of MoodeAudio. I suspect it was the firewall on my laptop, but iPad also failed to connect yday.

Somehow, Spotify is able to connect to Pi today :smash:. Your suggestion is very useful, as it would be a great starting point the next time my setup failed.

First check if spotify-connect service is active:
Code:
sudo su 
systemctl status spotify-connect
If not:
Code:
systemctl start spotify-connect

Thanks pinkdot, it is now showing active (running), and Spotify is able to connect to Pi today. Dunno why. Will keep an eye on it.

Okk

Today morning I was playing around, there are 2 issues
1) Airplay plays for around 10 to 15 minutes. - used iPhone 6s.
2) Bluetooth as a speaker runs and some times doesn’t pair back, is it possible to simplify that. -
used iphone6s and laptop.
3) can we have a hardware switch option for power/ on-off. Since when I leave home I switch it of and it’s a task if I have to do it via web ui option.
4) I will extract the logs after I reach home. Wish I could carry the pi to work��.

Last edited: