Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

AirPlay problem

Hey Guys
Looking to see if anyone has a tip for a problem I am having with Airplay on MoOde. I am running MoOde on a RP-3 with a HiFiBerry amp on top to drive a WiFi speaker I built. I decide to swap it from Squeeze Box to Airplay so I can give it to my son in law to use with his I phone 7. I did a fresh install of MoOde ver. 384 to the SD card, then updated to the newest release version, turned the Airplay receiver on, set the volume control in Airplay config. to software, left all the other Airplay config. setting at default, made sure all other renderers were set to off, set the audio device to HiFiBerry Amp(Amp+) and gave it a test run. With my wife's old 3rd generation Ipad it all works great. The sound quality is great, easy to link through Airplay to my RP-3 MoOde device, volume control is perfect. My problem is with my son in laws Iphone 7. It sees the device through Airplay and show to be connected when selected but no sound out of the device even at full volume. Do I need to change some of the Airplay config. setting in MoOde or should I look for something set wrong within the Iphone itself?

Look into the recipe for unsquashing FS ;)
After adding your logos, you may re-squashing FS if you want (in the recipe too).

Thank you,
after unsquashing it, I could upload new radio station logos. But for some reason after I switch back to radio station doesn't display it.
For example, I put the logo file Yammat FM.png to /var/www/images/radio-logos/ directory and Yammat FM.pls already presented in /var/lib/mpd/music/RADIO/.

[playlist]
numberofentries=1
File1=http://192.240.102.133:12430
Title1=Yammat FM
Length1=-1
version=2

Attachments

• NoLogo.jpg
    NoLogo.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 445
Hi Tim

I just tried UPNP renderer in beta 12 and it works just great, thank you!
The only thing I noticed was that upnp volume control was fine but did not sync with Moode's volume display. If I try the same thing in Volumio, upnp volume adjusts the volume display and vica versa. FYI, I'm using BubbleUpnp and Minimserver.

Maybe another one for your 4.0 release snagging list? :cool:

Thank you,
after unsquashing it, I could upload new radio station logos. But for some reason after I switch back to radio station doesn't display it.
For example, I put the logo file Yammat FM.png to /var/www/images/radio-logos/ directory and Yammat FM.pls already presented in /var/lib/mpd/music/RADIO/.

[playlist]
numberofentries=1
File1=http://192.240.102.133:12430
Title1=Yammat FM
Length1=-1
version=2

Maybe you must edit a row in the database for this entry ... but this is not so easy if you are not familiar with this.

I guess the field logo in the table cfg_radio must be completed with a string "local" or something like that (but be careful with any change in the database ;))

Hi,

If you ignore lines in a build recipe section then your image will be broken. The line below needs to be executed otherwise Airplay will be started every time at boot regardless of whether its turned on in Audio config, and it will be started without config params. You also might end up with multiple instances of it running.

sudo systemctl disable shairport-sync

-Tim

hi Tim - that's the principle, and I agree I shouldn't really tinker with the build recipe, but in my case the ipad was not seeing Moode as an airplay device and I found this error in the log:

/var/www/command/sysinfo.sh: line 138: shairport-sync: command not found

I presume this was because I rm-ed the shairport-sync.sh.

The only way I could get it running was by ignoring those last lines of the build recipe section. Now it works smoothly.
All the best
Philip

Hi all.
Thanks for Tim & heebo's script, been using the beta12 raspbian stretch lite with rpi3+Allo Kali+Piano2.1dac. Sq is much better in my opinion than volumio in my system. Since it is still in the beta/config phase I'd like to put forward 2 issues which might be fixable:

1. I'm using 2.2 subwoofer config in the Piano DAC. At each restart, audio comes only on the subwoofer line. The fix is to restart the MPD settings which I do, and everything will be perfect again.
I was wondering if there is a fix to permanently set this setting.

2. I also use Airplay to stream music from my PC using Tuneblade. It works with great SQ. The only niggle is that when playing Videos, Audio delay is beyond what tuneblade can sync i.e. 500 ms/ I think. I am wondering if there is a solution to this problem.

All in all, very impressive. Kudo & Thanks to Tim and the other contributors.

Cheers,
Kay Thomte

2. I also use Airplay to stream music from my PC using Tuneblade. It works with great SQ. The only niggle is that when playing Videos, Audio delay is beyond what tuneblade can sync i.e. 500 ms/ I think. I am wondering if there is a solution to this problem.

The Kali is a FIFO reclocker: the data is read in, held in a buffer and then clocked out using its own master clocks. It has considerable latency as a result. You ain't going to get video in sync with it in circuit.

Hi all.
Thanks for Tim & heebo's script, been using the beta12 raspbian stretch lite with rpi3+Allo Kali+Piano2.1dac. Sq is much better in my opinion than volumio in my system. Since it is still in the beta/config phase I'd like to put forward 2 issues which might be fixable:

1. I'm using 2.2 subwoofer config in the Piano DAC. At each restart, audio comes only on the subwoofer line. The fix is to restart the MPD settings which I do, and everything will be perfect again.
I was wondering if there is a fix to permanently set this setting.

All in all, very impressive. Kudo & Thanks to Tim and the other contributors.

Cheers,
Kay Thomte

Hi Kay,

As @simon dart mentioned, the Kali FIFO reclocker adds delay in the audio pipeline. Its usually around .75 ms. You can try to compensate for this in Airplay config by setting Audio Latency Offset to -0.75 but no guarantee it will work.

In my experience (1) the Piano 2.1 may have has some bugs in its initialization routine and (2) the Kali reclocker also may have a few bugs. For example I run my Piano in Dual Mono mode but after a few reboots I only get audio out of one channel. The only solution in my case is to power off / on.

-Tim

moode 4.0 and rt kernel

Hi all,

I very recently jumped from volumio to Moode and I am really happy, thanks a lot for this amazing tool. I really want to use (or try) the real time kernel cause I have a project that involve video but I only have an access to standard kernel. Note that I installed the beta 12 using the recipe v2.2.

Then, I also tried to install Moode 3.8.4 but after many hours spent on it without any success I stop (at the dev.sh, build.sh scripts).

So, do you know how to install RT-kernel because I do not found how to deal with it.

thks a lot for your help

Hi all,

I very recently jumped from volumio to Moode and I am really happy, thanks a lot for this amazing tool. I really want to use (or try) the real time kernel cause I have a project that involve video but I only have an access to standard kernel. Note that I installed the beta 12 using the recipe v2.2.

Then, I also tried to install Moode 3.8.4 but after many hours spent on it without any success I stop (at the dev.sh, build.sh scripts).

So, do you know how to install RT-kernel because I do not found how to deal with it.

thks a lot for your help

Look here : Raspberry Pi & RT Preempt | bits and pieces

Rt-kernel of September stretch version ... you should be able to deal with that ;)

Hi all,

thks a lot for your help

This was done by @goldhorse, but the skills needed are beyond me:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/271811-moode-audio-player-raspberry-pi-1208.html#post5278014
Perhaps some genius like @Koda 59 or @HeeBoo could automate it? ;)

EDIT: @koda59's post appeared while I was typing mine, so there's your answer. Still looks quite confusing to me though!

Last edited: