Mezmerize DCB1 Building Thread

I have a problem, with my Mesmerize, not sure if it's a ghost, not sure what I am looking for.

Basically, when the system is powered no problem at all. I have 300mV of offset when the system is powered off. This with no connection to anything whatsoever.

The only explanation I have is that there is a capacitor trying to discharge from the output, but the funny thing is that if I shorten the output and then open it again, the 300mV come back.

I am really puzzled. It could be that I have been living with this for years.

Please let me understand.

Thanks,

Davide

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have a problem, with my Mesmerize, not sure if it's a ghost, not sure what I am looking for.

Basically, when the system is powered no problem at all. I have 300mV of offset when the system is powered off. This with no connection to anything whatsoever.

The only explanation I have is that there is a capacitor trying to discharge from the output, but the funny thing is that if I shorten the output and then open it again, the 300mV come back.

I am really puzzled. It could be that I have been living with this for years.

Please let me understand.

Thanks,

Davide

Maybe something with absolute ground potential? Make it be shorting to ground when off. Is it the pcb with a T arrangement on the output relay that does it already, or one older?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
To clarify, when your PCB has this detail in double layer, the output is at ground when its powered off. And you can also confirm that with a multimeter.

Attachments

• T.png
    T.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 507
Long story short: I AM AN IDIOT !!!

When I assembled the PCB I did con solder all the pins of the relays, so that it would have been easier to remove them if I needed. I did not see that there was a T.

I put my speaker in danger for two years like this, I am surprise I did not destroy them.

Thanks for the help.

D.

Long story short: I AM AN IDIOT !!!

When I assembled the PCB I did con solder all the pins of the relays, so that it would have been easier to remove them if I needed. I did not see that there was a T.

I put my speaker in danger for two years like this, I am surprise I did not destroy them.

Thanks for the help.

D.

NOT an IDIOT!
That was good thinking, it just didn't work out this time, a learning experience for everyone.
No harm, no foul :) - glad you figured it out.

Rush