• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mauro Penasa's INV GC/REF GC group buy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I agree about the double shipping. Doesn't look like we are going to hit the price point of 10, but even if we did, the extra shipping might displace the savings. The only exception would be folk who live in the US and are already getting heat sinks, as the flat rate box is good up to 70lbs without changing in price, though I'd still have to charge for shipping to me. The only real benefit is convenience of all parts together.

I might just be using the Avel I have for my 4780's. I think it's a 25V, I keep meaning to check.

BPA200?

My hope is that consideration of the LM4780 will reach a greater audience. A new thread might help that.
I have too many projects right now to take on another...though if I move my bloomin' arsse I could make room for another...
That being said, I think a bridge / parallel combination would provide the "best" product from 2 LM4780's....able to work with 4 ohm loads. With a longer heatsink it would make a great built-in sub amp.

Parts update (late at night).

It seems Mouser shorted me 5 resistors, so I'll be on the phone with them in the morning. Everything else looks good.

The low ESR caps are slightly small, but mount fine. Everything else fits very well. The 1W resistors look small, but are fine.

I hoped to have mine built up tonight, but decided to pack and label resistors as I went, so, this is as far as I got.

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 205
Hi BG40403,
To that circuit interests you double the power?
If you thinks about My_ref, suggestion to try the "normal" version ( is always " only " a prototype ) and appraise base on the results that get. This circuit is in continuous evolution, and if the audio quality likes to much would be able elaborate a version more completes.
Consider that my configuration is a lot of nonelementary, and the insertion of launch chips goes studied a lot of good...
If you are hep to "My Inverting Variant", I'll. That circuit for me are a normal test on LM3886. Even in this case it would serve a technical in-depth evaluation...

Ciao

Mauro

BrianDonegan said:
Parts update (late at night).

It seems Mouser shorted me 5 resistors, so I'll be on the phone with them in the morning. Everything else looks good.

The low ESR caps are slightly small, but mount fine. Everything else fits very well. The 1W resistors look small, but are fine.

I hoped to have mine built up tonight, but decided to pack and label resistors as I went, so, this is as far as I got.

Bummer about the resistors.

As far as the smaller 220uf Low ESR caps it should not be a big deal. Luckily though I happen to have some of the 18mm types. :D

Hi Russ, I have in my "drawer" very electronic material because I develop projects for various Firms, and don't need buy all. the C1-C2 and C17-C18 El-cap( 220uF 50V low ESR ) that I have used am: Daewoo 105° RSF ( d.18mm ), used in a swiching PSU to video use. I don't know the characteristics of that chosen by Brian, but it seems me that non-being less than my (of Brian description ).
My idea is that this first "cycle" serves to appraise the performances of the circuit ( to low cost ) and after, base on the experiences of anyone has built it, it may modify the type of components.
Datum that are all new, it is need to make a will the circuit and appraise if himself you have to change the characteristics of some component. Usually this polite is up to to the planner, but unfortunately I am a lot far and doesn't dispose of the Vs components Kit ( inclusive PCB, because I have the DiY version ).

Ciao

Mauro

Thank you Mauro

One of the reasons I had for obtaining several of the boards was to try different combinations of components in each. I feel that would require less time in switching from one combination to the next. This to provide a better A - B comparison. I look forward to much enjoyment from the "normal" version.

The LM4780 is said (by others) to be almost, if not identical to, 2 LM3886's on one chip. From this I make the assumption that the "better" combination of components with the LM3886 will apply as well to the LM4780.

I am open to suggestions from all for various combinations in side by side comparisons.

I think Mauro was just trying to say the the design of this circuit is very much tied to the current topology. That is to say one LM3886 per channel, to create a parallel, bridged, or brided/paralleled circuit based on this design would be a non-trivial endevor. :) I think he is also reminding us that we have not even started playing with this version yet, so maybe we are getting ahead of ourelves a bit. But hey, I have to admit I have been thinking these thoughts as well. :D

Oh, I wanted to mention that dispite the slight pin spacing issue with the lowESR caps, they do mount close enough to be secure (not all floppy). I might add a drop of hot glue under the edges just to be sure though.

Also, I found out Mouser had to backorder one cap ($0.18). I have some extras of those around though, so no big deal. They did inform me that it should ship by the end of August :)

BrianDonegan said:
Oh, I wanted to mention that dispite the slight pin spacing issue with the lowESR caps, they do mount close enough to be secure (not all floppy). I might add a drop of hot glue under the edges just to be sure though.

Also, I found out Mouser had to backorder one cap ($0.18). I have some extras of those around though, so no big deal. They did inform me that it should ship by the end of August :)

Yeah, I have mounted 5mm caps in 7.5mm holes plenty of times. :) Its never been a problem for me.

End of August eh... LOL.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.