• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mauro Penasa's INV GC/REF GC group buy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ah ok well variant 1 is fine, using speakers with 6ohm anyway :)
Hope to be able to use the transformer of my 20 years old amp i got from the trash (got thrown away because of blown fuses..)

Reading the Naval electrical engineering training series thingy at the moment in the hope to assemble this thing without wrecking havok :rolleyes:

Edit:
Is it any use to enclose the transformer in some mu-metal to minimize electro-magnetic emissions into the other components?

Transformers

So, I spoke with the folks at Avel. They have a 330VA 2 x 25V transformer for $45.71 each. If we order ten of them, the price drops to $42.10 each. Parts Express has the same model for $47.67.

Will we save money as a group buy? Maybe. Shipping may end up negating the savings. It may be easier though.

I'll add a column to the Wiki, and you can let me know if you want one. I'll be ordering one for myself anyway, and I can easily get more and add to your kit. They have them in stock.

Wiki: http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=Mauro+Penasa+GC+Parts+GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.