Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

...any chance to build a divide-by-8-circuit which can be connected directly to the 16,9344 Masterclock for BIT reclocking...?

Also i could need some clarification about reclocking the decoder. In the standard CD63 the manual shows that the clock-signal is looped through the dac and then seem to run straight via a 100R into the decoder's CRIN.
This is leading me to the asssumption that it should be possible to run another coax from the clock to the decoder...
I know this has been dicussed before, Brent stated at that time that doing so, is giving issues (for some reasons).
On the other hand i see in the MKII/KI Manual this "arrangement" of resistors and small capacitors around the decoder's clock-input which have been implemented for some reasons i guess; and it makes the reclocking more complicated because of the coax-cables capacitance (there is a 10p cap in series with the clock signal)....

So, if this is necessary, why is the "clock-feed" for the decoder working in a standard CD-63 at all? What am i missing or misunderstanding? (...probably everything...)

Best regards,
Mickie

Last edited:
Mickie. I think it's something to do with phase.

The clock output from the dac is buffered and I've not had issues running a buffered clock straight to the decoder. However, both Brent and I have experienced issues when running the clock straight to the decoder from the oscillator with no logic buffer.

Lee

Just finnished adding regs to the cpu and dac, It seems to have opened the player up 3x lm340 at run out of 7805s.
cheers alan (ps whats next)

Attachments

• 07062011045.jpg
    07062011045.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 158
I'm having trouble fitting a Tentlabs XO2 to my KI. I had originaly fitted a clock but wanted to clock the servo so I replaced my old audiocom clock with a second hand XO2 but it will not work. It reads the disc but soon as a track starts it jumps skips hops and stops. I removed X101 and R126. I used screened cable from the clock with the servo end screen not connected and the inner connected to the right hand hole where the resistor was. I'm sure this is right isn't it? Because the clock module is on the right of the case the wire to the servo is about 4" long. Could this be the problem? If I make it shorter I have to make the other (16.944) one longer. Any help would be much appreciated. Barry

I'm having trouble fitting a Tentlabs XO2 to my KI. I had originaly fitted a clock but wanted to clock the servo so I replaced my old audiocom clock with a second hand XO2 but it will not work. It reads the disc but soon as a track starts it jumps skips hops and stops. I removed X101 and R126. I used screened cable from the clock with the servo end screen not connected and the inner connected to the right hand hole where the resistor was. I'm sure this is right isn't it? Because the clock module is on the right of the case the wire to the servo is about 4" long. Could this be the problem? If I make it shorter I have to make the other (16.944) one longer. Any help would be much appreciated. Barry
Hi barry ,
I used ordinary wire on mine clocked the dac @ 16.934 and the servo @ 8.46 wire length should be imaterial your connections are ok must be a duff clock.
cheers barry alan:)

I was dubious of a cheap clock off ebay a 25 gbp item so i put a frequency counter on it to see if the listing was bull ,?? taiwanese **** i thought wrong ? bang on my 10 digit counter 16/8/4 output made a world of difference to my player only problem is it needs ac input so i used a 7va 12v ouput tx from rs job done.
alan

Just to go back to Alans post, I buy these. Good for CD player Active Clock Plate 16.9344MHZ on eBay (end time 06-Jun-11 15:19:57 BST)
Soldering smd bits is not good for my eyes, but at that price it's worth it. I used to buy them made up for about £20 but only 1 in 3 worked. Chinese 6 year old's cannot solder.
Simon, my wife thinks 4" is just fine but unfortunatly when I measured it, (the cable that is) it is more like 6". I did put it in the right hole, the hole on the right where the resistor was. I followed the circuit diagram. I'm sure that's the right hole. (you will have to ask Frances) If it was the clock module, I can't think what components apart from resistors could be duff! My silly scope blew up 4 years ago, so that's no help.

Been busy ian modded 2 players last nite one for my gfs eldest she loves proper hi fi,and mine plus the tt on ch 4 so time after work bit thin.
so where do i put the spower 2 more regs on the servo .
wanna get out on my bike :rolleyes:

SPower on the DAC analogue supply! SEPC on the digital rails.

TT is awesome, couple of mates been over there 8 days now, coming back next week! I wish this weather would **** off too! I managed to ride on Tuesday, hopefully i'll be Ok for tomorrow. Problem is these bloody racetec's dont do wet roads!!:eek: