Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

I'm fed up now. Shortened the wires, tried a different crystal, It worked until I wired the sevo. I wonder if I could have damaged TDA1301 when I lazily cut out R126 and spent ages trying to connect to the stub. Iv'e taken the PCB out and wired it properly now. It reads the TOC and then skips like mad. Iv'e got another KI I can try it on, but I don't want to bugger that one up as well.Think i'll go up the snooker club and down a few reds (red bull, that is) or go on ebay and buy another sillyscope cos I can only see red here. It's Brents fault!

Haha as long as it's my fault that's ok ;)

If it is reading the toc then the TD1301 is fine. I would hard wire out the Ribbon from the RF pcb to the main pcb first to eliminate that as a problem area as you can't measure them.

Brent

Now i'm really confused. I did not want to hard wire the ribbon yet because iv'e got a lot more mods to do so I swapped the ribbon from my other Ki and it was the same. I re-fitted X101 and R126 and it all works perfectly. So now I look at the tent module and the only thing I can se is 2 x 47ohm resistors in series. Measured ok. All soldering OK. What am I missing???

Barry, to be shure, count the pins and look for Pin 19 (XTLIN), connect your clock there, that should be it......but you probably have done that....
Did you check if your crystal/Clock sees the right voltages? If it offers several divided frequencies, you may check again if you tapped the right one.....

Mickie

Last edited: