Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

I'm surprised you edged out the mapped 335D Ian, you must've driven hard!

I should have 321bhp and bags of torque! I lit up in 1st and had to go to 2nd too early which is where the 4wd of the fiesta took the edge off the line. I spent the next 3/4mile trying to catch up. Given the claims of the fiesta, I was suprised he didn't just bugger off into the distance.

Not sure if I got a better start then the 335. On paper I had more power but I think he had me on torque. I may have had the edge due to the much longer higher rev limit. He did say he was pulling me back in when I let off!

All I know is it was great fun to race like that in a legal and (semi) controlled enviroment.

Mk1 Fiesta with the modern 2.0 Duratec was it? They're quite tunable, I know Cosworth do some parts for them and 200bhp N/A is possible. Bit more modern than my Duratec 25... (2.5 V6 - very lazy and slow before mods)

The guys name is Graham Blackwell. I used to work with him. He invited me to go to the photoshoot with him. He wrote about the drag race in his blog but excluded me because I was "ill" that day ;) ;).

He used to run a zetec but swapped to a fiesta STi Duratec lump, His website is www.zetecinside.com if you want to take a look ( I know you also like these things Simon!!) Lots of very custom parts.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I suppose it will smell when you are left behind a cloud of burnt oil :p

I think that makes me sound faster now :D

Brent

I was writing from the POV of stitching along queues of traffic in this ;):

furyR1.jpg

-when the reek of diseasels ahead is horribly obvious. Only 165hp (at 12K rpm), but it's also only 430Kg wet... :D

Cheers

Last edited:
I was going to ask if it was a bike engine revving that high. I know what you mean, I never use the clutch shifting up (on the bike of course). Nice engine that. I used to have a Thunderace which was the YZF1000 before the R1. People dont realise how bullet proof bike engines are. GSXR1000 now and loving this weather as I'm sure you are ;0)

So I'm guessing its a space frame. Whats the running gear?