Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

while we are "off topic" again..... lmao!!!!

I think someone mentioned something about gold sockets last week. Something about the contact area. I meant to post at the time but couldn't find what I was looking for. Anyway the point was about the large contact area for the gnd connection and small (poss even not gold) connection for the pos.

On my better leads, I have Eichmann bullets. They have a very small effective contact area for the gnd connection in an attempt to reduce eddie currents in the path. Just sort of went against the grain a little. Interesting stuff reading if you fancy it.

Eichmann BULLET PLUG - First Review of Keith Eichmann's RCA Bullet Plug Online
:cheers:

while we are "off topic" again..... lmao!!!!

I think someone mentioned something about gold sockets last week. Something about the contact area. I meant to post at the time but couldn't find what I was looking for. Anyway the point was about the large contact area for the gnd connection and small (poss even not gold) connection for the pos.

On my better leads, I have Eichmann bullets. They have a very small effective contact area for the gnd connection in an attempt to reduce eddie currents in the path. Just sort of went against the grain a little. Interesting stuff reading if you fancy it.

Eichmann BULLET PLUG - First Review of Keith Eichmann's RCA Bullet Plug Online
:cheers:

I'm allways wittering on about those sockets. Another strange thing about Marantz that get's up my nose is why they still fit those remote sockets. Does anyone use them?

Those remote sockets were good if you had a complete system! I remember selling them back in the days of the CD50 when bitstream was but a twinkle!!!!!

Picked up a question about a squeezebox being fitted into a tuner case on another forum and it got me thinking. Apart from the fact that tuner's are going obsolete and can be picked up for not a lot, there is a Marantz tuner that matches the 63! Its the ST-63.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Could be used to house PSU's or maybe an offboard DAC? Might look quite cool!

The question was asked as to where my 67' is going this time: This is hot off the computer;
" I have had a look at your cd player today.....

I have sorted the hissing out, it was what I thought it was! The combination of the wideband DOS circuit and the SPowers switching speed we needed to fit a 100nF across the feedback resistor on both SPowers. The noise is now gone, any hissing you hear now is generated by the dac chip and this is normal.

I have ordered 2 transformers as I am going to improve the small psu already fitted internally. The VA will raise from 2x 0.8VA to 2x 7VA, larger SI capacitors will be fitted too. This dual 9.6V psu will supply the Dac SPower and the new Servo SPowers. We will also fit a Spower to supply the clock for even greater improvement there too. " There will also be the all-important fuse-holder by-pass tweakeroo and new rca jacks. Oh yes and resistor changes. Now you know the down and dirty of it!