Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

now now Ray, play nicely with Brent!

Talking of clocks, I did notice that the clock in that phonosophie is...........

........ a std xtal! :eek: Nice that, i'd want to kill someone if i'd spent that much money for a cd67 with a new box and display! You could get one for sub £20 on ebay! lmao!

Rays only messing ;)

I often think about reboxing mine, then don't bother lol

Brent

He's a good lad that Brent! :worship: lmao

Here you go chaps. For all of you who can't afford a phonosophie and have the skills to replace a laser mech phonosophie CD player - base edition :headshot:

Ian, i'm pretty certain the caps and coils i removed from my philips player were to act as a snubber circuit. I think Rays mods list details adding some caps to the primary side of the TX. I'm pretty sure for the same reason you remove the resistors in the supplies as you start to seperate them and also the fuses from the 2ndary side, you prob don't want them! Just my 5p worth!

Been listening to the 63 with really rubbish audio op tx's today! Its a mile off what it was before I robbed it of parts but its certainly got me interested in it again! lol:)

Hi Ian,

I dunno about CY01, but for the main fuses I removed them and soldered wire across the fuse contacts - this is the easiest way I reckon. R613-6 is just hard-wiring across those 4.7R psu resistors. If you use sharp wire snips you can cut the resistor bodies off and use the remaining resistor legs to form a wire link on top - the PCB doesn't even have to come out for either of these mods.

Simon