Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Re: On a KI TX what leads go where?

magilla said:
One got loose( yellow with 2 cores), and fixing that made a couple more come loose. Is there a list of which colour to which pad?

I have a Marantz PDF somewhere, that shows all the differences between the OSE/Ki etc. I'll dig it up and post it as soon as i'm home, it can be very handy.

Ray

I was just looking at this Tenzing 2 modification package by Audiocom.

They do away with the HDAM but replace it with transformers. The analogue filter is the same, (op-amps changed), so what is the need for transformers? The o/p of the second op-amp is unbalanced and has negligible offset.

I don't see the point unless I'm missing something.

I'm pretty sure these guys are reading our big thread too:

"The stock CD63 uses HDAM modules and capacitor coupling for the analogue output stage. This area of the CD63 creates a bottleneck in the sound and seriously degrades the output filtered output from the active op-amp stage, masking, veiling sound, reducing detailing, dynamics and realism. "

Exactly the sorts of things we've been saying on here, and now they've started to remove the HDAM too.

Simon

rowemeister said:
You can get the BR or GR version of this FET with the GR version being slightly better. I believe they are selected for their tolorence from the BR batch. I'm sure someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

Brent

Don't know if there's a BR?, according to data sheet

Attachments

• cut.jpg
    cut.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 201