Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

jimh0612 said:
I've only got standard Quad 11L's with Argos OFC speaker cable.

Matthieu/Malefoda is very happy with his Quad 11L mods. I'd recommend doing those (cabinet damping, uprated tweeter caps) and putting nice cable inside.

I'd look at 4VS (£9/m I believe) inside and out.

I've compared 4PR (£5/m) to a double run (but not biwire) of 8TC (£80/m) and the subtle difference is in the sweetness and bass. Not worth the difference for most people.

Simon

jimh0612 said:
HI Simon

Thanks for that. I'd been following your comments on that thread and was impressed by the end result.

Jim

He did well there. Another cable suggestion is every Sevenoaks dealer's favourite: Chord Rumour. £10/m and gives a very "open" sound. I think silver plated teflon cables aren't neutral but I still like that one.

Cheap on Ebay sometimes.

Simon

That Kimber cable from ebay shipped from china is fake. I emailed the guy a few weeks ago. Very coy indeed.

I have loads of Kimber cable and I can tell you by looking its fake, a good looking copy though.

On Ebay Kimber cable usually sells for 45%-55% of its original. 8VS is a good starting block. You can also sell it later if you want to upgrade and get pretty much all the money back you spent on it. Look for silly long lengths that you can cut in half and re sell. I've gained cable for nothing doing it this way.

Brent

RCruz said:

Hi Matthieu

Good to know you are still modding....

Can you explain the spec differences between LM340AT and LT1086 fixed.... Appart from the lower dropout I believe LM340 has better ripple regection... Am I right ?

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,
in fact I'm fixing my CDP, not modding... :(
No idea of LM vs LT, never used even if I'm selling them on eBay...
Sorry.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
rowemeister said:
Use the 5VA ;-)

Always try to run all grounds to one common ground point. There is a large star point on the +10V rail before the 5v reg thats ideal or some people use the rca output star.
Hi Brent

While waiting for the 5va tx from RS, I would like to upgrade the HF circuit by replacing the resistors with 0.1% precision as you indicated in your pdf.

I can not find the exact values on RS so I am attaching a xls with the possible match.

Can you please comment on the possible alternatives ?

Best regards

Ricardo

Attachments

• precision resistors.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 76