Mar-Kel70 in Sweden

Wow, that Trio8 seems to be a good one!
And i guess it will be able to produce some more (and deeper) bass than SDX7.
And is the Xmax 28mm? That seems to be pretty much!

Trio8 is 15$ cheaper than SDX7 when ordering from CSS website. Is that a good place to order from?

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Wow, that Trio8 seems to be a good one!
And i guess it will be able to produce some more (and deeper) bass than SDX7.

It is, For the same Q you'll need a box ~ 2 x as big.

Trio8 is 15$ cheaper than SDX7 when ordering from CSS website. Is that a good place to order from?

I thot they were $5 cheaper. Bob is out, He even scooped up the 4 i had. And the next batch, i understand, will have stamped frames instead of cast (to keep the price down), so if you can score a pair from European distribution grab them.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
European distribution?
There is a swedish reseller but they cost 156$ EACH. And at CSS they cost 85$ each. The shipping will cost some but i guess it wont be close to the price from the swedish reseller.
Btw, is this a car-subwoofer?

Not a car woofer. As i said, Bob doesn't have any left. And having just shipped a set of FE207 to the UK, post on a set of Trio 8s would exceed $160.They are heavy,

dave

The listed prize is without VAT? Add taxes and transport to EU countries and you'll end up with "bit" higher prize.

Pit, do you speak Swedish? Swedish are related to German but this word is slang...

Peter

Clever! I forgot to add the VAT. So, then the prices become much different.
So 2500 for the subs, and around 1200-1800 for the FR i suppose. And then birchplywood. Gotta try and find out what this will cost me...

Peter, I don´t speak one word of any Scandinavian language - but I have lots of translators available! Quite a few of your countrymen (and girls :hug:) study in Hannover to become veterenarians - and as soon as they see how cheap booze is here, they decide to stay for their doctorate as well.

As to import tax - try to declare it as "electric parts" instead of "HiFi", you´ll get by with 2%. And have it shipped snailmail instead of airfreight, as you have to pay VAT on the transport.:rain:

Probably, maybe take it on PM?

Btw, thanks for posting that Thin Lizzy video. Just had to listen to it :D

Well, if the shipping is 140$ without VAT and that Duty-thing it will cost pretty much the same to order here from sweden. And since they said they could get a pair of CSS EL70 for me i maybe could get a little better price.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Well, if the shipping is 140$ without VAT and that Duty-thing it will cost pretty much the same to order here from sweden. And since they said they could get a pair of CSS EL70 for me i maybe could get a little better price.

The point i was trying to make. Another big plus is you would have "local" service in the case of a problem

dave