Mar-Kel70 in Sweden

Many watts, low cost and small. How good do they really sound?

The TK2050 chipset sounds simply amazing, if it's in a well implemented design. I haven't heard those, but I have 41Hz Amp11 and Amp4 which have the same chipset. The sound quality is just ... very, very good.

Edit - For example, a friend of mine has an Amp4 in a professional recording studio, and sometimes uses it to mix on. He loves it, and his mixes sound great.

Last edited:
The TK2050 chipset sounds simply amazing, if it's in a well implemented design. I haven't heard those, but I have 41Hz Amp11 and Amp4 which have the same chipset. The sound quality is just ... very, very good.

Okay, when i get home (i'm in the mountains now) later tonight i might take a look at 41Hz. I would prefer buying from Sweden than buying from Asia.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
::: Aspen Amplifiers :::

NAKSAprodpcb10.jpg

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/aksa/173251-naksa.html?highlight=naksa
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...plifier-build-pics-naksa.html?highlight=naksa

dave

For EL70, SDX7 or both?

For both, I'd say. These amps are good at driving fullrangers as well as complex loads, and bass handling is excellent too.

Which type to get depends on the load config. If you're going to be using one amp channel per driver, you can go with the 'lighter' versions, while you might want or need the higher-power capable ones if you're powering multiple drivers per channel and you need the higher wattage.

By the way. What made it impossible to have the EL70 and SDX7 on the same baffle? Wouldn't that make it easier to place them in the room? Since one speaker will be in a corner and the other next to a door.

The Emotiva XDA-1 in USA costs $299 with shipping. For me it costs $520 including shipping, customs, VAT and other fees. That sucks...

And the fact that they have to include shipping in the value makes it cost around $35 more than necessary. CSS was nice and did not include shipping while Emotiva says it's against the law not to... Differences between Canada and USA?

By the way. What made it impossible to have the EL70 and SDX7 on the same baffle? Wouldn't that make it easier to place them in the room? Since one speaker will be in a corner and the other next to a door.

Not impossible, although you'd definitely want separate enclosures for each driver if a "conventional" box

I guess theoretically any bass driver could be used in an "infinite" or open baffle alignment (many examples of the latter abound with all drivers mounted open backed) , but based on experience, the SDX7 would not be best suited to either of these types.

The Emotiva XDA-1 in USA costs $299 with shipping. For me it costs $520 including shipping, customs, VAT and other fees. That sucks...

And the fact that they have to include shipping in the value makes it cost around $35 more than necessary. CSS was nice and did not include shipping while Emotiva says it's against the law not to... Differences between Canada and USA?
yup, some countries are victims of more bureaucratic / import tariff suckage than others

"in a perfect world ......"

Tax laws of different countries are something you don´t want to get into.
Just leave it. I´d have to pay 15% on an amplifier, but only 5% when they leave a few parts outside and declare it as "parts, electronic". And, being European, you will of course have to pay VAT on the import tax. :rolleyes: