Making car amplifier SMPS with tl494 + DC Protection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been working on this design with max power of 600 watts.Topology used is half bridge boost converter. Image has the detail of each component i have used.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

It works fine without rectifying diodes. if diodes are connected then no load current goes high up to 2.5A at duty cycle above 80%. Mosfet are just warming a little.
Dead time provided by TL494 is at default value and is approximated as 7-8%.
What can be the problem? Suggest me the area of improvements in design of snubber circuit and gate driving circuit.

CAN Someone contact Workhorse for me and let him's know i am trying to contact him's for more questions. ;) I tried to contact hims with the email address provided but it got bounced :confused: :(
So if someones knows Workhorse please please tell hims i want to email hims for more info on this SMPS for a better parts list.
Gday
Greetings :cool: :)
happy holidays :drink:

ThanX for ur interest
here is schematics

greetings....sir i have read ur article and see ur designs,,and i think this is it,,this is the one i am looking for,,i thank you for answering our problems with regards to 12v smps for car audio and amplifiers..i hope,you continue helping us,,hope in the future,,u can help me build a quite bigger design of high powered car amplifiers..once again,,jephrell tolentino of iloilo philippines,,home of well known BORACAY ISLAND,,a summer get away. thaks and regards.

Hello simingx. The post is 624. I repeated assembly of your amplifier. Very high temperature keys. What resistance (Ohms) of primary winding of the transformer has to be? Sorry for my bad english, and computer translate.
I think you mean smps, not amplifier, since there is no amp there. Resistance of primary is below of what you can measure, so assume close to 0 on your multimeter

4+4 is about the lowest you would want to go, you can use even more if you can (more wire used). 6+6 is probably the highest you would want to go, if you don't know anything about your core.
Wire size... depends on the current, switching freq.
Start with something like 3-4x 1mm if freq is around 35k or even lower. If higher, you will have to use smaller wire and more of them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.