Low-distortion Audio-range Oscillator

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thats the key page. The FET is used for fast settling and when it has settled it switches to LDR. It would be interesting to swap a Silonex LDR in to one and see if it makes a difference. John Curl was getting very low THD from an ST1700. Unfortunately they are all getting old and flakey. On that note things like the QA400 will replace most of this stuff soon.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
No, I think a better statement is that the FET wants to stay in the triode region well away from Vp. What you want is very high Vp which happens in general to go with long channels. The down side is that high Vp low Idss FET's are higher resistance and it's harder to make them be just a small portion of the feedback mechanism. The linearization tries to keep the FET looking like a resistor centered on the origin rather than off to one side, hence the trim tweaks the seconds. This trick is very old BTW well known when I started in 1973.
What applications would they be for -- high Vp devices? So, I can go to that type to find possible suitable jFET. Thx - RNMarsh

I'm going to order one of those opto photovoltaic cells. I think this would be ideal for fig 19.
in the an73-1.

I believe SW already suggested this some posts ago.

Cheers,

Yes indeed, perfect application. I will gladly answer any questions should they arise. I think the Panasonic ones are cheap and widely stocked and easily make enough volts for any Vp.

You guys really need to try this. The driver is one of those PV arrays.

Attachments

• vca.JPG
    vca.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 332