Low cost ES9018 Dac - Builders Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my almost finished DAC discussed in this thread. I added some more preregulators and i'm trying to find a good grounding scheme for everything inside the case.
The most annoying problem is when i'm electrostatically charged and discharging on dac case my microcontroller goes crazy and display shows
hieroglyphes.
I will go in details with my final configuration if there are still interested people in this subject.

Sure atupi.

Still waiting for the last bits as I made a misstake ordering them in the same batch as hard to get R values for another project. May 14'th is the last answer but sure I have ordinary 1% mf so I coud test it. Show your internal setup and there wil be folks to scrutineze it :). Oh sorry - You did... Is your IEC ground connection connected to case?

Regards and thanks to your crew :)

Last edited:
Well, i'm not the best person to make this kind of description but i will try.
I Have a Subbu, an 24/96 AKM4396 and this one, i call it The Indian :)
Is a very balaced dac, maybe neutral is a good word but a bit of tonality can be adjusted by opamps used. I installed sockets and i'm rolling them from time to time.
The most important thing is when using Arduino you have acces to sevelar filters settings and you can alter further the sound.
If i worked and invested in finishing you can imagine i like it :) but i also like this one and a friend of mine will give me to test it more: AK4490 - I2S over USB Audio
There is no perfect dac and from time to time change them in my system. I have also some 3-4 amps to change from time to time :)

Is anyone able to give me some hints about grounding ? I have some parts of the DAc wich are completely isolated from the others and i dont know how to proceed. For example the USB>I2S interface has an isolator and USb side is completely isolated from DAC side. Also the Arduino part is completely isolated from DAC.
Also when i am electrostatically charged and touch the DCA case the display goes crazy and also Arduino.
If needed i will draw a diagram for easier understanding.

Is anyone able to give me some hints about grounding ? I have some parts of the DAc wich are completely isolated from the others and i dont know how to proceed. For example the USB>I2S interface has an isolator and USb side is completely isolated from DAC side. Also the Arduino part is completely isolated from DAC.
Also when i am electrostatically charged and touch the DCA case the display goes crazy and also Arduino.
If needed i will draw a diagram for easier understanding.

Hi,
I don't have the electrostatic issue but my worked until I one day the last opamp starting to heat up and output are highly distorted ( I am only using single ended output). Something is oscillating after working for few days and I also ran out of idea. Now I am kind of leaving it alone for the time being and will get back to it when I have the mood.

P.S. The arduino ground is very sensitive to where I connecting LCD display ground, the rotary and the power ground.

attach is my dac with help from the original designer.

Attachments

• IMAG0586-1.jpg
    IMAG0586-1.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 366
Hello, I am building es9018k2m dac and I have question about output stage. I have 2 AD8599 and 2 AD797 op-amp's. I am plan to use this circuit https://hifiduino.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/es9018iv.png but only with rca output. and add series 100r resistor with C4. And I need to know if it is good to use AD8599 for U2 and U3 and then AD797 for U1? Or it will be much better to use only AD797 for U1,U2,U3?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.