• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Looking for a 45 SE Schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I Suggest 6SN7 Twin triode or 6J5 single triode
RMS,

Tried to send you PDFs and RTFs to your requested email account, the mail server prevented it, possibly due to attachments. They are certainly clean and free of any bad code. Maybe something specific with the gmail servers. if you have another mail account you'd like me to try let me know.

Anyway, there are all kinds of input/driver tubes used for SE amplifiers... to each his own actually. I've used all of the ones you've listed plus several others. It gets down to the actual application and circuit requirements, which are basic design choices. The 12AX7 has a lot of gain but not a lot of current capability, the 12AU7 is inverse, i.e., low gain and much higher current capability while the others are in between. I selected the 12AT7 as it fit the circuit topology best. It yielded enough gain and had the ability to sink enough current for the cathode follower. Neither of the others fit this application as well.

Regards, KM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.