Lone Star Audio Fest 2011 -- Dallas, TX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Indeed, great video.

I did run into one gentleman who said he had a room last year, but not this year. He was very vocal in stating his opinion that this year's show was not so good and the numbers of visitors was way down. It sounded that he was pretty much through with the show other than visiting.

But I second Uriah's comments and had a very good time talking to the visitors who stopped in to listen, even though I did get several quizzical looks when there was no set of speakers in site! :D

In everyone's opinion. Did the lack of structure/communication from the event organizer dampen your intent to come to the event? Meaning, do you think if the event was better organized, with updates being sent out about the show periodically, do you think more people would want to come?

Definitely. This was the concern well in advance of the show. A friend of mine and I were considering a large room to display a system but thought better of it.

John

I did run into one gentleman who said he had a room last year, but not this year. He was very vocal in stating his opinion that this year's show was not so good and the numbers of visitors was way down. It sounded that he was pretty much through with the show other than visiting.

I don't know - My room's attendance was busier than any year I've been there. It was non-stop packed all day long.

Bob Brines - How was your traffic? Seems like you said your room was packed all afternoon too?

Uriah - How 'bout you? How was your traffic?

The Lone Star Audiofest is a grass roots affair. The way it works is everyone promotes their own rooms. The cumulative effect of all the exhibitors putting links to LSAF on their websites and mentioning their plans to attend periodically on various forums is what provides any and all promotion.

There is no "central organizer". If there was one, it would probably be me, but then again, some years Fred Thompson has done more to champion the show, other years Shane Moore has been the lead man. It's sort of a volunteer effort.

I have been increasingly pleased with the Lone Star Audiofest and the friendships I've made there. The people that come are really great, and I truly enjoy this event.

It was my first year as an exhibitor and my room was packed as well. I had multiple people tell me they had to come back later in the day because there weren't any seats left. I had 7 seats and sometimes a few people listening/watching from the door. I was pretty stoked for it being my first show.

What I mean by a central organizer is who runs the Lone Star Audio Fest website? That's who I'd consider to be "the guy". The site looks mostly the same every year with little content added to it. I think people want to see things change on it just to know that there's life in it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.