LM3886 Schematics + PCB

This is my version of this amp. I finished today. It sounds great !
Check the schematics in atasament. What do you think ?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Attachments

• Amplificator LM3886 12W.zip
    156.4 KB · Views: 276
Hi all,
I am planning to build an amp with Apexaudio circuit and I am about to order the caps and resistors. Since I am a beginner, could someone tell me if the parts (as given in the attached images) are of adequate/correct specs? I dont really understand the different types of caps , hence need some help in choosing the correct components.
regards
prasi

Attachments

• New Picture (41).jpg
    New Picture (41).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 365
  • New Picture (42).jpg
    New Picture (42).jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 353
  • New Picture (43).jpg
    New Picture (43).jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 319
The sch does not tell me which is the 680pF !
I'll guess, since you didn't tell me either, that the 680pF is the RF attenuator capacitor C2
This can be a silvered mica, or a polystyrene, or a polypropylene, or a NP0/C0G ceramic. I would choose either a polypropylene, or an NP0.

Now show me what the duties and operational voltages of the other capacitors are and I will try to guide you.

pl see the second attachment (is it called layout?, I am a beginner!)and also the parts list mentioned by Apex audio which i guess is somewhere on page 3 of the thread.
As I said, i am a beginner, I dont know the functions and operational voltages of any of the components, hence i am following somebody's work (APEX audio in this case) and trying to build a system for myself that sounds better than chepo commercial amps.

Its a simple enough circuit, right? What can possibly go wrong?... to start with we have so many success stories... then the schematics(post no.#43), PCB layout showing traces and component values (post#240). I only wanted to select correct type of caps for the circuit. With resistors, you corrected me to use metal film /oxide rather than carbon film. thanks for that.
regards
prasi...

Just to share one of my favorite APEX collections LM3886 Chip Amplifer...
I can't stop my self to build again and again.....:D
I enjoy a lot with this very very nice amplifier of APEX
Regards,

Hi Do you still have the .brd or gerber file of the APEX LM3886 PCB.? I would like to use the same file to get some PCB's printed. Pl help.
reg
prasi