LM338 regulated snubberized PSU for audio amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
carlosfm said:

I meant the voltage drop on the chip's pins, on the amp.
On an unregulated PSU that is modulated with the music, depending on how much current the amp is asking from the PSU.

carlosfm said:

I never said that the snubber improves the PSRR, did I?
It lowers the impedance of the PSU.

Perhaps you're just forgetful, or perhaps we need to define PSRR for you --

jackinnj said:
Perhaps you're just forgetful, or perhaps we need to define PSRR for you --

I don't understand what you mean.
I was pointing out that a regulated PSU (like this) has stable voltage, what does that have to do with the snubber on the output of the regs?
Now you wanna put series resistors?:confused:
You took months to understand that I was not talking about diode snubbers, this is all very weird.:rolleyes:

homer09 said:
i find it entertaining how every once in a while a skeptic comes along shooting all guns and carlos is forced to defend and shoot him back down.

same old story over and over....

Yeah...
Very entertaining.
I think all those guys have their soldering irons broken.
Just copy the datasheets, it's ok.
Just.

Maybe it's time to adapt another strategy: ignore.
Even if they repeat their own posts pushing for an answer.
I dunno, maybe this forum needs some animation, it has been very quiet.
This may be part of some plan...?

:D

carlosfm said:

Yeah...

I dunno, maybe this forum needs some animation, it has been very quiet.
This may be part of some plan...?

:D

To me it appears that chipamp forum is slowing down and becoming quiet. I only check back every so often when I used to check daily and even so I don't see much going on. I guess I successfully made one of these variations (actually 2) and it gave me confidence to try something new and different...but I'll be back! Anyway just my impression not trying to stir things up. You all would know better than me.

MAybe more of us are implementing the designs that are spoken of and doing less typin

I for one allthough not a certified engineer ( certified maybe ) appreciate all the work that I have seen in this thread. It is not ground breaking stuff but it puts together in one neat package things that Carlos has thought about and listened to. I appreciate that kind of engineering!

Keep it up Carlos and don't get put down to easily.

Mark

Design engineer ( QBE WAU! )

MAybe more of us are implementing the designs that are spoken of and doing less typin

Maybe.
Instead of so many members lurking (as I suspect), there should be more communication, more sharing of experiences, even if it's just to report results.
This is not my forum, anyway, and as busy as I am with my job and other things, sometimes it seems like a miracle how can I keep up with all this...
Who likes to run doesn't get tired, I guess.

homer09 said:
I agree... i guess its because some of the "personalities" of the forum have slowly gone (briangt, peter). why is this?

Gone?

homer09 said:
where is the fire now?

Seems like the class-D forum is alive.
Some are downgrading to small digital amps.:D

mwmkravchenko said:
Keep it up Carlos and don't get put down to easily.

Oh, thanks.
Gonna drink to this now.:angel:

homer09 said:
i find it entertaining how every once in a while a skeptic comes along shooting all guns and carlos is forced to defend and shoot him back down.

same old story over and over....

yes, I am a skeptic by nature.. My favorite Tudor author is Erasmus, the Dutch philosopher who wrote "In Praise of Folly".

In both simulation and using a network analyzer, I can find none of the claimed benefits purported...and there is abject refusal to back statements with any empirical evidence.

jackinnj said:

yes, I am a skeptic by nature.. My favorite Tudor author is Erasmus, the Dutch philosopher who wrote "In Praise of Folly".

In both simulation and using a network analyzer, I can find none of the claimed benefits purported...and there is abject refusal to back statements with any empirical evidence.

You may as well give up. He won't give ground, and he'll beat you to death with "datasheets" and "listening" tests.. If you ask him for measurements, he readily admits he doesn't do them, only testing with his ears.

Obviously, your simulator and network analyzer are broken :D

motherone said:
You may as well give up. He won't give ground, and he'll beat you to death with "datasheets" and "listening" tests.. If you ask him for measurements, he readily admits he doesn't do them, only testing with his ears.

Obviously, your simulator and network analyzer are broken :D

Let's make this clear, and I thought it was clear long ago: I only share what I want to, and I shared what I wanted to.
So, make your homework and don't expect to have everything done for you.
Too easy to ask 1000 questions and demanding everything answered right away.
Are you paying me?

It is useless to push me, because I won't reveal anything more.

Be happy to have something to do, to try, to build and to discuss.
If you don't care, go away.
My mistake was to share this, I could just be listening to my music and don't even bother with you guys.

jackinnj said:
what is it that you have to hide, your empirical method?

How do you know, if it's hidden?
Less talk, make the deam PSU and try it.
Measure, listen, whatever.
Just don't ask me to make your work and kill your curiosity.
I don't like lazy people.

PS: don't worry if your measurements are not conclusive. If at least the amp sounds much better, then it is better.
Do you get it?
This is audio, man.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.