Life After the Oil Crash

Re: Re: Re: Pollution.......what pollution????

B.VDBOS said:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

malaysia-twintowers-haze-bg.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

B.VDBOS said:

This really cracks me up. The first link talks about the dangers of ozone (which is what the Kyoto accord is supposed to increase).

The second link is about smog in Hong Kong (I guess you didn't realize that the second and third pictures are from Asian cities (Hong Kong and Malaysia to be precise).

The third link is about how cities local weather effects are creating clouds. The last picture is of Atlanta and the nasty looking stuff is clouds that the article you linked to claim have the effect of reducing smog.

Boy you sure have got some convincing arguments there. Did you actually read any of the articles you linked to or were you just hunting for nasty looking pictures to post? And you wonder why we don't just take your word for it about the dangers of global warming when you put up deliberately misleading posts like that.

By the way, there are a number of well respected scientist who argue that global warming from greenhouse gases released since the industrial revolution started is all that is keeping the world out of an ice age. According to current theories we should be well into the next ice age by now.

Phil

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pollution.......what pollution????

haldor said:

This really cracks me up.

Here is some glue

haldor said:

The first link talks about the dangers of ozone (which is what the Kyoto accord is
supposed to increase).

The only dangerous ozone is ground level ozone. It made from smog

The Kyoto protocol deals with greenhouse gas emissions (mostly Co2), the ozone (layer)
issue is a separate issue all together

haldor said:

The second link is about smog in Hong Kong............

Yes it is about smog in Hong Kong, what is you point

haldor said:

.......... (I guess you didn't realise that the second and third pictures are from Asian cities

What, why would you guess that?

Any one with half a brain can see that, those two big buildings are Malaysia's most
recognisable landmarks around the world :scratch:

Like Hong Kong harbour :scratch:

What is your point?

haldor said:

(Hong Kong and Malaysia to be precise).

Malaysia and Hong Kong to be even more precise :crazy:

haldor said:

The third link is about how cities local weather effects are creating clouds. The last
picture is of Atlanta and the nasty looking stuff is clouds that the article you linked to
claim have the effect of reducing smog.

The picture is a picture of smog

Right click the pic and look at the properties

hxxp://www.mountwashington.org/notebook/images/pollution/city_smog.jpg

Clouds are white or grey not stinky brown :rain:

haldor said:

Boy you sure have got some convincing arguments there.

What arguments? :scratch:

The only argument I had was with dear Mr Mr. Brian, and that was about the relationship
between car emissions and the creation of ground level ozone

And given that school boy chemistry says so, yes I am convinced

haldor said:

Did you actually read any of the articles you linked to or were you just hunting for nasty
looking pictures to post?

I wanted to post some pictures of smog

So I looked for some pictures of smog

Then I posted the pictures of smog

Then my very dear friend millwood (who is in some sort of state of perpetual denial) said
"just some poorly done photoshop jobs"

So I then posted the sites from where the pictures came from to prove to my dear friend
millwood that they are infact pictures of smog and not "just some poorly done
photoshop jobs"

haldor said:

And you wonder why we don't just take your word for it about the dangers of global
warming when you put up deliberately misleading posts like that.

And I wonder? :scratch:

What words about global warming? :scratch:

I didn't mislead you, you misled yourself my friend :crazy:

haldor said:

By the way, there are a number of well respected scientist who argue that global warming
from greenhouse gases released since the industrial revolution started is all that is keeping
the world out of an ice age. According to current theories we should be well into the next
ice age by now.

Phil

Rubbish

With apologies to veggies....

By the way, there are a number of well respected scientist who argue that global warming from greenhouse gases released since the industrial revolution started is all that is keeping the world out of an ice age.
Indeed it just might be true. But who are we to take that chance? Our children inherit what we leave...
Most systems work best without adding, taking away, or generally tampering. Our emissions must create a difference. The only rational course is to reduce them.

Sheep of course are great. I luv'em..... with mint sauce is best:lickface:

Brian Donaldson said:
Sheep flatulence in New Zealand is a bigger contribution to the greenhouse effect than the CO2 emmisions from all fossil fuel burned globally.

Dear Mr Brian

Do you have any figgers on that one, it sounds realy interesting

Here are a few facts

World sheep population 1743 million

N.Z sheep population 47 million or 2.7%

Here is some fun

Here is some news

Brian Donaldson said:

I know someone who could stop 1 sheep for 5 minutes or so. :eek:

I bet you do Mr Brian

I b-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-t you do

This should keep you busy for 10 minutes :hbeat:

Where men are men and sheep are scared (sorry Mr Brian, but I still dont get it) :scratch:

An interesting link:
http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/Introduction.html

Could it be the truth many are not willing to know about?

You choose to believe in transparently ignorant bullcrap. If you even knew your own Nazi history, you'd be aware that they easily started creating gasoline from coal reserves when the good guys cut off their access to Ukrainian and other oil fields.

The US has nuclear power technology, bio- and photo- energy sources for fuel, hundreds of years reserves of coal, its own oil reserves. Research on new energy efficient technologies such as fuel cells and hydrogen power (which doesn't depend on oil) is progressing rapidly. The only potential collapse worth discussing relates to your own so-called thought processes on the subject. Post about something you can actually handle intellectually, like maybe basket weaving.

The thing is that with some of you here it's useless to discuss serious matters since you don't care at all.

I'd wager I both care more and am more knowledgeable on the subject than you are. The difference between you and me here consists in the fact that I refuse to uncritically accept 'given' knowledge from any source since it usually comes with someone else's ulterior agenda.

We may laugh at someone driving a little pansy VW diesel or some other import, but nobody laughs at a 7.3l Powerstroke or 5.9l Cummins. You got to love 700 ftpounds from 800 - 3600 rpm. Their torque curve looks like Abe's top hat.

My partners 2002 Dodge 3/4 ton can spin the tires any time with anything in the back.