• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Leach Amp pcb group buy interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have responded to all of the emails sent so far. Please if you want in on this contact me now. I hate it when someone comes in late and misses out. This is a great layout. You can build this amp with the full 12 outputs or less. You have options. The boards will can sit in a drawer for years with no problems. Just make sure you have them to build when you retire. Like me. Lots of projects to keep me busy when I am too old to climb a ladder. Nothing like solder fumes and coffee in the morning.

Tad

Hi Duda,

I really appreciate your good will! Nice to know that I can count on you. Thank you very much!

For sending PCBs, I think I shouldn't worry with customs. If it was something bigger and more expensive, I would definatley be concerned.

Thank you anyway, and if you need anything I can provide, please let me know!

There are still about 40 pcb's left.
To date I have not had any problems shipping to even the most remote areas of this planet. There was a slowdown of some pcb's which I mailed to Spain and Italy. All that was needed was for the recipient to claim them at customs.
So feel free to order and I will do my best to ship worldwide. Western Union is O.K., but I prefer paypal.
All of the pcb's will be mailed out by priority mail. The standard shipping in the United States is about 4.50 and for the rest of the world about 10.50 U.S. dollars. The paypal fee is just 3-3.5 percent depending on the currency used. I will not quibble over a few cents.
If all of the boards are sold we should be able to donate some funds to DIY Audio for use of there fine forum.

I believe the BOM is the same as for the previous 10 transistor board except for a few minor changes. PLEASE someone correct me here if I am wrong.
I have and old copy of the BOM somewhere which I will post in plenty of time to get parts orders together. Time is always the one thing I have very little extra these days.

REMEMBER All -- these boards were ordered on a 4 week delivery. They usually do not take that long just remember the time span before emailing about deliveries.

Also, there is much great information on Dr. Leach's site The Low Tim Amplifier from which this amp is derived from.
Also, the large rn60 type dale resistors are a tight fit --talking vertical here -- on the frontend area and standard .250 or .6 watts will fit better. There is plenty of room on the output area for audiophile resistors or the like.
Also, When I publish the BOM you will notice deminsions for the legs on the radial capacitors. Try to adhere to this and the build will look much neater.
Jens provides a lot of deminsions in the BOM so use them. I like the Evox radials myself though epcos and others work fine.
This amp can be built to some ridiculous power levels so have fun.

Tad

I believe the BOM is the same as for the previous 10 transistor board except for a few minor changes. PLEASE someone correct me here if I am wrong.
Tad

DON'T use the old BOM, I have renumbered all parts in order to make a 12 output version.

Other mods:Shorter feedback loop layout/placement of parts
Small signal transistors: BC546B/556B (Mirrored from the old MPSA types!!!!!!)
Better powerplanes
More room for heatsinks on driver transistors

\\\Jens

Hello all. I want to introduce myself to this group since I have ordered two boards. I'm John K of Music and Design. Engineering background (retired) and long time audio enthusiast. I'm usually around some where in the multi-way speaker forum. I've been design speaker systems for 40 years and tinkered around with design of line level active circuits. Built a few amp kits years ago. This build will be something new for me and I may be leaning on this group for advice on parts choices and sources. If I can't type is a part number for Digi Key or Mouser I am sure I will be asking some obvious questions, but I rather be perceived to be a fool rather to prove myself one.

Hello John,
Also welcome. This is a very good group of folks. It astounds me at times that I can carry on planet wide commerce in good faith with people I know absolutely nothing about and garner such rewarding results.
To date I have mailed out 250 pcb's to every corner of the globe and not once has any problem with honesty or good faith been incountered.

Tad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.