• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Leach Amp pcb group buy interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It is getting close to Christmas again and I am willing to run another Leach amplifier pcb group buy. The board is the 10 transitor layout designed by Jens Rasmussen. This is a very nice amplifier and will provide years of trouble free quality listening if properly assembled.
I have a quote from Advanced Circuits for the boards and if we can get to the 100 unit mark they should cost approximately 18.50 U.S. each plus shipping charges.
Pictures of the pcb and other pertinent information can be found under the Jens Rasmussen leach clone thread.
Several individuals missed out on the two previous group buys so I chose to add this third chance. Please respond here on the forum and I will let all know the results.

Tad

Jens,
A week or so sounds great. Maybe we can have some units ready to assemble around Christmas time. I have been wanting to try out my new soldering station anyway.

Anyone else interested in some Leach/Jens pcb's just acknowledge here in this thread. The boards are good size so I am guessing around 17.00-18.00 dollars each U.S. for 100 units.

Tad

Early in my time in this forum, I made foolish talk about a 10X transistor Leach amp being "small". I beg forgiveness.
Somewhere (was that you, Bob?) a suggestion was made for a Leach board that would include 12X transistor in a snap-off arrangement. The snap-off would be located at the 6X/6X point to make the board suitable for large or small loads...more flexible.

I'd like to encourage the development of the snap-off board. I know others besides myself would use them.

Jens, Blessings on your family. ;)

Hi Ed,
Sounds like a good idea, and now it is possible since the output terminals are located in the middle of the board.

My family is going through a rough patch right now, my workplace is going to close in about ½ year, and after that I will be looking for new work..... It sucks, we have a great team but we are "too expensive" compared the Chinese (no offence) Not sure how that conclusion has been made, but I suspect that it is more an effort to please the share holders than based on actual experience. Where I'm located, outsourcing is a big buzz word, and outsourcing is a sure success (if you ask management)

Oh well….. I guess this is just a matter of time, before the Chinese industry will be comparable to European when it comes to pricing pr. hour…. maybe then all R/D will move somewhere else?

x\\\Jens

Last edited:
Put me down for three please.

I need something to put the other "19" MJL4302's and MJL4281's left over from my "Leach 6". That is if I don't blow them up when I finally fire her up soon!!! Man it has been a long build.

Can I assume that the other group buy / redesign etc we were talking about died a natural death and this is starting from fresh?

Jfet front end sounds interesting!

Ian

P.S. Sorry to hear about the job thing Jens. As my wise old aunty say's "it will all work out right in the end." And she sould know. We recon if she fell down the toilet she would come out with a box of chocolates!!!

Peranders,
If you put up the wiki page I will be glad to run the group buy if it gets to a decent number of boards.
I really like that 12 output snap off board idea. Could easily run 85 volt rails for a nice 300 plus amp. I sense a Christmas time group buy. I am in for 4 boards myself.

Tad

I like the new layout with the main ground and speaker out in the middle. Much closer to the +ve & -ve feeds.
I see you have kept the three 0.1inch pitch inputs. A great idea that covers many options without wasting PCB space. I do wish others would copy this.

jFET input stage !!
Could space be found for a full two transistor cascode? Rather than the single transistor that Leach did?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.