• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Leach Amp pcb group buy interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think this needs some consideration. The board as detailed is ~11 5/8" long.

Should there be consideration given to making the driver section seperate from the front end?

I think so. I ask for your comments, please.

Thanks for the commet Ed, I have now made a section of the board where it will be possible to cut off 6 of the output transistors... makning the board ~21.5cm (8.5") can you work with this?

\\\Jens

Jens and all,

Should there be consideration given to making the driver section separate from the front end?
Arrgh! Not thinking clearly. What I meant to ask was different: making the OUTPUT section separate from the front end.

My request for review was to keep the front end off of the heatsink. My thought is for more options in choosing heatsinks and mounting.

I plan to use 12 output transistors per channel. I will go with the majority.

Serge,
The way this amp is layed out makes it much easier than some to construct. It is not considered to be a first time amp build. The cost of components can easily reach 500.00 dollars.
The good thing is that the members of this forum will do just about anything to help out.
Do a very in depth search for parts because prices vary between suppliers. Also, remember to order most stuff in one lot. The shipping can be outrageous.
If you choose to build this amp you will have a world class amp.

Tad

I have been looking for a good design for building a 5 Channel amp for my 7.1 theater system in the living room. Since my front channels are powered by a Aussie amp nvx500 I don't need so much power for the surround speakers so the ability build the low power version is appealing. Would the full version be a good amp for a sub? If there is enough interest in the US I would be willing to consolidate the shipping and redistribute if it helps. Also Jens boards are so pretty they are hard to resist.

Bill

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.