• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Leach Amp pcb group buy interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
O.K. For all of those involved in this 12 output Leach amp group buy I want to remind you again that the boards will not be sent to me for at least 3 weeks minimum. So please do not send out emails asking where your merchandise is. I choose this time frame for delivery to get the best price.

Things are really going crazy at work so I will not be sending out invoices until this weekend. All of you will have an invoice by Sunday. Then I would appreciate prompt payment -- I have already paid for them. This is the only way I can be absolutely positive you are serious about buying the pcb's. There is always someone waiting at the end to buy unclaimed boards.

Also, If you have been using your DIY audio name please provide it with your proper legal name so I can match things up. I also find that placing the exact dollar amount of the items on customs paperwork makes for less problems. Please do not ask.

Tad

Hi Tad,

Ive just been looking at the boards and had a thouth. In the past I have had boards that break apart broken in transit, this is not a big deal, but in this case the second board has only two holes, so if it broke in transit I would struggle to make a 12 transistor version. Please use cardboard when shipping;)

But these are different in that they are scorched for separation for users who want to use 6 transistors. I have had scorched boards break in transit.

These boards will not break in transit, you will need a saw or dremel to cut away the outer 6 output transistors.... the boards is designed with the option in mind but mainly for 12 outputs.

I hope this clears that up

\\\Jens

These boards will not break in transit, you will need a saw or dremel to cut away the outer 6 output transistors.... the boards is designed with the option in mind but mainly for 12 outputs.

I hope this clears that up

\\\Jens

Ah perfect, I thought they might just need a bend and they separate.
Jens, thanks for all your effort on this board. Ive been reading the original thread when you were making the earlier leach boards and I realise how much effort you put into it.

Just to let you know that almost everyone has sent in payment. I graciously thank you.

When I ordered these boards I left off the gold plating because I have found it to be a nuisance to solder. Any comments from the rest of you on this? The standard tinned finish has always proven to be less aggravation when you need a quick neat joint especially with small tightly packed components.

Also, If this board is only slightly longer than the previous 10 transistor board I may have to detach the small diode board -- see Jens pdf rendering -- for shipping. Does anyone object to this. I will of course include it in the Priority mailing envelope. I will also cut the adjoining fingers mid ways so you can trim super neat on your own. The Priority Mail envelopes are only so long.

For those unfamiliar with what I am discussing I shall elaborate. On the original Low Tim amplifier designed by Dr. Leach at Georgia Tech he had the bias diodes mounted in holes in the heatsink. Jens uses a small piece of pcb board which is mounted directly to the heatsink under the main board. This allows for very short bias leads and good thermal contact and an extremely neat arrangement. This board when delivered is still attached to the main board by small routed out finger extensions. See pdf rendering again.
Tad

Just to let you know that almost everyone has sent in payment. I graciously thank you.

When I ordered these boards I left off the gold plating because I have found it to be a nuisance to solder. Any comments from the rest of you on this? The standard tinned finish has always proven to be less aggravation when you need a quick neat joint especially with small tightly packed components.

Also, If this board is only slightly longer than the previous 10 transistor board I may have to detach the small diode board -- see Jens pdf rendering -- for shipping. Does anyone object to this. I will of course include it in the Priority mailing envelope. I will also cut the adjoining fingers mid ways so you can trim super neat on your own. The Priority Mail envelopes are only so long.

For those unfamiliar with what I am discussing I shall elaborate. On the original Low Tim amplifier designed by Dr. Leach at Georgia Tech he had the bias diodes mounted in holes in the heatsink. Jens uses a small piece of pcb board which is mounted directly to the heatsink under the main board. This allows for very short bias leads and good thermal contact and an extremely neat arrangement. This board when delivered is still attached to the main board by small routed out finger extensions. See pdf rendering again.
Tad

No problem on leaving off the gold, I prefer it, better solder joint.

Also no problem with the packaging suggestion, whatever is straightforward for you.

Thanks again for yours and Jens efforts.

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.