L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

I want to use 12S LiFePO4 batteries: -30VDC<-Ub<-43.8VDC from full to empty.

Schematics is 2SJ28 with CCS.

My question is: I will lost on output power ok, but do I increase distorsion?

I don´t want to waste battery power with regulated supply!
The CCS is... constant current, so you only lose power when the voltage reduces, and so saturate asymetrically, but is not a problem since this amp already saturates asymetrically, anyway; the sweet spot and THD is maintained.

... with MKP10 coupling capacitors...

Time to order 2SJ28´s!
Since this is an hot class A SE amp, I recommend to use an large "L" aluminium with good gauge, with good flat coupling to main large heatsink. Use thin good quality "mica" (insulating washer) with high-quality thermal grease, applied gently only to fill voids (I used some hi-grade grease for CPU).

@DIYBras

as always instructive.

One question beyond audio: is the brasilian cuisine so spiced? I had a bean salad with, in my opinion, too much "Provence" herbs!
My country is really big (of course...:)), and has several variations of cuisine throughout the territory. I do not know even 30% of the cuisine here, but in general, especially further north in the country (toward NorthWest, or "Nordeste"), the food tends to be tempered with more spice or with stronger spices (sometimes VERY strong :eek: ).
In the south region, which is where I live, the cooking has more European influence, and often have spices a bit smoother, but exceptions exists. So for my tastes the "northern" food is heavy spiced...
Beacuse of this, products for exportation of course will be more "brazilian" (from center to north Brazil).
Also in music, various regional rhythms exists, and some quite different from samba.

Two solutions for battery power:
- using existing components,
- or complete new development.

Pros and cons.

New development:
- Pros: 4S + 16S with only one and the same BMS: you lost both voltage at the same time
- Cons: $$$ and time

Using COTS:
- Pros: $, garantie, safe
- Cons: needs two different battery packs with two independant and different BMS

Here one choice for the +/-Ub supply:
MTML-Trading Fahrradakkus - Sattelrohrakku 36V 10Ah LiFePo4 Prophete Phylion Zhenlong Umbausatz lang

309€ with charger! Ok, only 360Wh, but you can run fast charging and the cycles are even good.

I think I will go with this design...

Please report until the beginning of next week if more PCB needed!

Attachments

• BRD_V4.jpg
    BRD_V4.jpg
    904 KB · Views: 673
  • L´AMP_2SJ28_3.png
    L´AMP_2SJ28_3.png
    833 KB · Views: 659
I think I will go with this design...
Hi Jps1964
More distance between transistors on heat sink give better heat dissipation and longer service life.
Fancy special aluminium connecteur good for audio ?
Classic copper wire soldered to pcb are the best imo.
Great work anyway congratulation but you need make real prototype with soldered components before pcb's make in serie.
Some of builds details are not included in software.
Try & see
Have fun

started to make bias supply this morning on perf board, use all my voodoo parts that i have for bias supply. my configuration:

* B+ supply : 68mF - 0R1 - 68mF - 1R - 68mF - 0R1 - 68mF - 300mH 3A M6 core
* B+ after choke ~ 21V
* Voltage drop on 1R ~ 2V so it's as designed as it should be ~ 2A
* temperature on SIT case 32°C, on L-plate 33°C, on heatsink 32°C
* speaker 4ohm 88dB

and again i have no issue :D no thump, noise or hum. music plays beautifully, however this is only one channel completed, another one maybe tomorrow or next week.

with AlephJ stereo, i usually set my dcb1 potensio to 12 o'clock, now with SIT single channel i set to 3 o'clock. I still have extra headroom

well it's time to sleep while listening my audiophile collection with SIT L'amp. Thanks to Uncle Mike for this great design :)

Attachments

• IMG_20151003_124621_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151003_124621_HDR.jpg
    858.1 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_20151003_190128_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151003_190128_HDR.jpg
    716.9 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_20151003_201934_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151003_201934_HDR.jpg
    587.8 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
How low does the midrange go in frequency (xover point)?
What is sensitivity of driver?
How loud do you listen to music?

The sub is 89.5 db, mids together are 90, tweeter is 95.
So it's about a 90 db limiting factor.

Was going to use the mids down to 10hz to 125 hz to keep the sub section non-directional. At the moment using 6 db 300hz crossover point because I was limited by parts on hand. It sounds ok at 300.
I don't listen at very high levels. Probably don't break 1 watt output.

The sub section will use a F5t and it has plenty of gain.
Would probably need to cut it back.
Also have am F6 for mids if needed. Would like to use the SIT amps for their qualities in the mids and highs.

Attachments

• b2p01.jpg
    b2p01.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 284
  • b2p02.jpg
    b2p02.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 143
started to make bias supply this morning on perf board, use all my voodoo parts ....and again i have no issue :D no thump, noise or hum. music plays beautifully, ...mwell it's time to sleep while listening my audiophile collection with SIT L'amp. Thanks to Uncle Mike for this great design :)

@ Gadut

Joy of first sit :note:
Congratulations for electronic hooby passionate work of DIY Champion :Olympic:
Simple beauty this perf board with wire tracks hmmm excellent that the spirit :)
Yeah always cool projects from Uncle Mike.
Thanks Gentlemans :house:

Attachments

• 641D8A33-FA8E-4692-A3AB-E6DD0014D7D1.JPG
    641D8A33-FA8E-4692-A3AB-E6DD0014D7D1.JPG
    313.6 KB · Views: 160
  • F44F47FA-5FDD-4528-B491-DB422CE0231A.JPG
    F44F47FA-5FDD-4528-B491-DB422CE0231A.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
The sub is 89.5 db, mids together are 90, tweeter is 95.
So it's about a 90 db limiting factor.

Was going to use the mids down to 10hz to 125 hz to keep the sub section non-directional. At the moment using 6 db 300hz crossover point because I was limited by parts on hand. It sounds ok at 300.
I don't listen at very high levels. Probably don't break 1 watt output.

The sub section will use a F5t and it has plenty of gain.
Would probably need to cut it back.
Also have am F6 for mids if needed. Would like to use the SIT amps for their qualities in the mids and highs.
If you keep the crossover point above 200Hz you definitely won't have issues.
Feel free to experiment going lower in frequency. Once you start noticing problems just increase the crossover point higher in frequency.