Krell KSA 50 PCB

Hi Andrew,
if the original runs at near 50Volts DC perhaps there is no need to change anything on the circuit.
If this is the case, people using lower voltage rails should be changing component values ie to maintain the same amount of current through the LTP stage the resistor that feeds the zener should be decreased?

Regards
Harry

Few more boards available

I have the rest of the pinkmouse KSA50 boards with the driver and output sub-boards attached. Here is the deal....All proceeds except shipping will be donated to DIYAudio.com so we can continue to do this. first 20 boards to DIYAudio members at the original price of $14.00 per channel + Priority mail shipping to your location from the chart at usps.com. I will also ship first class if that is what you wish. Paypal to bobgroger_at_hotmail_dot_com. The rest will go on eBay to stimulate additional interest in DIYAudio, same no-profit deal. Even if you don't want to build one, buy a pair so DIYAudio can continue.........Thanks to Mark A Gulbrandsen for making this possible...

Bob Groger

High voltage supply

Hello every one, sorry If my question already answer in previous post but I cant find it by myself. I like to know what your opinion or experience in use krell KSA 50 front end ( till driver stage ) in high voltage supply letsay 70 volt or higher any special precaution ?

Hi,
the front end will need to run at about 6V to 10V above the chosen Zener voltage.
The resistor value sourcing the LTP tail current, as well as the resistor feeding the LTP and Zener, will need to be selected for the correct quiescent current .
It's worth saying again that any change in supply voltage requires all the components to be checked for correct operational currents & dissipations.

I "think" I recall that I was planning to run my clone on a single 800va dual 23 volt secondary which would give me 32 volts.

I would expect the front end to be good anywhere from 25-35 volts DC.

Most IC regulators have a 40 volt differential so a 70 volt rail would give you the ~35vdc for the front end. But you would have to use a LM3x7 regulator instead of the 78xx or 79xx type.

Zangs come to mind.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39816&highlight=