Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm keen to know the design of WSX and how good it is. I build a Sound System for hire in my province manage by my brother and hopefully starts July this year. . They are making 24 Trapezoidal Cabinet for Bass (2 drivers each cab) using PRO-1860 (cheaper crown series). We have 12 BIEMA FW1300 amps 1.8K Watts per side to run it and 3 LAB GRUPPEN amps for Mid-hi using 12 celestion 12" drivers. My concerned is... Do you think it will be out-bass by any Sound System using WSX? Hence, in our province most town fiestas will use 2 Sound Systems (they called it Back to Back Disco) If so, I might consider making it... probably in 2nd sound system. Any box design would be appreciated. Thanks

A Dual 18" Bass Reflex in Arrayable (Trapezoid) configuration will be a big mistake...if you haven't started saw dusting don't do it.

Bass reflex cab are just approx. 30% efficient whilst the horn loaded like WSX with 7ft hyperbolic horn is approx. 40~50% effient.

WSX are meant to be use in group of 4 boxes in mirror image.

Magandang araw,
jojo

A Dual 18" Bass Reflex in Arrayable (Trapezoid) configuration will be a big mistake...if you haven't started saw dusting don't do it.

Bass reflex cab are just approx. 30% efficient whilst the horn loaded like WSX with 7ft hyperbolic horn is approx. 40~50% effient.

Magandang araw,
jojo

Sir,
this image of one side of the system. just finish read the wsx manual other day they say it will be better in horizontal position.

Attachments

• speaker set-up.JPG
    speaker set-up.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 674

Magandang araw,
jojo

Thanks sir Jojo, they are halfway now.. need to stop it and make WSX for the remaining cabs. Can you send me a WSX plan? acmech43@yahoo.co.nz cheers, Vin

Sir,
this image of one side of the system. just finish read the wsx manual other day they say it will be better in horizontal position.

The below statement is an excerpt from WSX manual...

The WSX is designed to be ground stacked and ultimate performance is achieved by close coupling a stack of
four or more WSX's mirror imaged on their sides to increase the combined horn mouth area. For large
outdoor systems, stacking mirror imaged pairs up to six or more high will form a tall line source which will
focus the bass into the audience yet retain good horizontal coverage.

Attachments

• wsx05.jpg
    wsx05.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 799
  • wsx03.jpg
    wsx03.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 692
  • wsx mirror.jpg
    wsx mirror.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 677
The below statement is an excerpt from WSX manual...

The WSX is designed to be ground stacked and ultimate performance is achieved by close coupling a stack of
four or more WSX's mirror imaged on their sides to increase the combined horn mouth area. For large
outdoor systems, stacking mirror imaged pairs up to six or more high will form a tall line source which will
focus the bass into the audience yet retain good horizontal coverage.

Sir jo,

thank you sir. so i will re-arranged the sub my16 sub to 6 units per side and 4units at the middle for center fill.

thanks sir jo.

Sir jojo,

how do i time align my sub to mid-high and full ranged. i just posted the imaged. what pls. also help what whould be the aproximate time to delay mid high. the sub are cross 150hz.

thanks,
rod

If you are using a DRPA just set the midtops delay to 7ft as a start (WSX has a 7ft long horn). Then to calibrate or fine tune that setup...use a tone generator...set it at your crossover point...in your case thats is 150Hz...then reverse the polarity of your WSX...then start to fine adjust your delay time until it gives you the most cancelled setting...you have to listen very carefully, it may take sometime if this is the first time you gonna do it. If everything is acceptable to you...store the setting then return back WSX to it's proper polarity.

Magandang araw,
jojo

If you are using a DRPA just set the midtops delay to 7ft as a start (WSX has a 7ft long horn). Then to calibrate or fine tune that setup...use a tone generator...set it at your crossover point...in your case thats is 150Hz...then reverse the polarity of your WSX...then start to fine adjust your delay time until it gives you the most cancelled setting...you have to listen very carefully, it may take sometime if this is the first time you gonna do it. If everything is acceptable to you...store the setting then return back WSX to it's proper polarity.

Magandang araw,
jojo

sir jojo,

i got only dbx analog 3 way and behringer cx3400 how am i gona do that it don't have delay for midtops only polarity. if no way i can make to the analog
i may have to buy that xpensive cross over.

thanks you so much
rod

@audiomachine

Sir why it turns this way? T&T doesn't last for long, it's just it's second season. this is the other pair of what i have posted lastly having the same problem. Used it for EL36, got this problem, move it to W-bin same thing i 've got....

Attachments

• 010520112092.jpg
    010520112092.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 534
  • 010520112091.jpg
    010520112091.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 481
  • 010520112093.jpg
    010520112093.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 458
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.