Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
TDU-500 versus CS-500

diyers,

which is more reliable with these drivers TDU-500 versus CS-500? can you differentiate according to performance mga sirs? i was force to buy this CS-500 due to out of stock of the TDU-500 in Raon. "sayang pamasahe" your opinion please,..

Attachments

• TDU_500 horn.jpg
    TDU_500 horn.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 667
  • Crown CS-500_02.jpg
    Crown CS-500_02.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 636
WSX project

here's my project, only first coating inside, black elastomeric paint is not available so i just used SR-202 Delft Blue. . and i cannot fine store to buy the metal grill. . .
whew. . . wish i could post pictures to
mga DIY speaker cabinet users/builders post your pic here

thanks to sir dj_jojo_md. . . Mabuhay!!

Attachments

• WSX project.jpg
    WSX project.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 607
  • WSX project_02.jpg
    WSX project_02.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 541
  • WSX project_03.jpg
    WSX project_03.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
Sir jojo,

i have little confusion about my wsx sub. when i used 2 units its ok then add 2 units more i end up out of phase.the speaker connections are ok. so i just reverse the connection at amp side. then when put another 2 more units it phase reverse again so i put back again the second unit i reverse on the 1st time then i would just sound ok. were can we find a tools that i cheap to buy for phase analysis.

Attachments

• dodong pic2.jpg
    dodong pic2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Sir jojo,

i have little confusion about my wsx sub. when i used 2 units its ok then add 2 units more i end up out of phase.the speaker connections are ok. so i just reverse the connection at amp side. then when put another 2 more units it phase reverse again so i put back again the second unit i reverse on the 1st time then i would just sound ok. were can we find a tools that i cheap to buy for phase analysis.
Hmmm...that is peculiar...are you using uniform drivers in all boxes?...show us some pics...

Go to my blogsite and download the tone generator...use tone generator to test/align your boxes.

Magandang araw,
jojo

nice build sir volmax, maybe you are the first wsx user in your place to build one, how much did it cost building 1 pair? how much is your comp drivers? have u tested them side by side? which is better between them?
thanks.

My TDU 500 is 1,600 since TDU was not available, they give it to me on the same price with the CS 500. . . i haven't installed yet the CS500 but my TDU sounds great to me. i'll be cmparing them when i have time, i've got setups still... i spend 9k in building 1pair of my WSX box only. . . luckily i'm the first one who have this wsx box in our place. . .

what kind of driver did you used?

i used the PRO 1800 PA by crown. . . at first i tried to used the TNT double magnet alumdiecast but it cant carry the pressure cause by the throat design, it makes a prrrt! prrrt! sound. trying another unit of the same TNT same thing happens. so i won't suggest using TNT for sealed boxes. hopefully i could place JH1860 in it. . God bless!

My TDU 500 is 1,600 since TDU was not available, they give it to me on the same price with the CS 500. . . i haven't installed yet the CS500 but my TDU sounds great to me. i'll be cmparing them when i have time, i've got setups still... i spend 9k in building 1pair of my WSX box only. . . luckily i'm the first one who have this wsx box in our place. . .

wow that's cool, maybe you will be on top of the competition with your fellow audio systems in your place, you will out-bass them and out-high them with your new wsx and new comp drivers. and with that i'm sure you must be having the best system in your place. maybe the other systems there don't know wsx yet, kudos sir...

i used the PRO 1800 PA by crown. . . at first i tried to used the TNT double magnet alumdiecast but it cant carry the pressure cause by the throat design, it makes a prrrt! prrrt! sound. trying another unit of the same TNT same thing happens. so i won't suggest using TNT for sealed boxes. hopefully i could place JH1860 in it. . God bless!

too bad TNT can't be used in wsx box, it is cheaper than crown's jack hammer series..

wow that's cool, maybe you will be on top of the competition with your fellow audio systems in your place, you will out-bass them and out-high them with your new wsx and new comp drivers. and with that i'm sure you must be having the best system in your place. maybe the other systems there don't know wsx yet, kudos sir...

I'm keen to know the design of WSX and how good it is. I build a Sound System for hire in my province manage by my brother and hopefully starts July this year. . They are making 24 Trapezoidal Cabinet for Bass (2 drivers each cab) using PRO-1860 (cheaper crown series). We have 12 BIEMA FW1300 amps 1.8K Watts per side to run it and 3 LAB GRUPPEN amps for Mid-hi using 12 celestion 12" drivers. My concerned is... Do you think it will be out-bass by any Sound System using WSX? Hence, in our province most town fiestas will use 2 Sound Systems (they called it Back to Back Disco) If so, I might consider making it... probably in 2nd sound system. Any box design would be appreciated. Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.