Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my suggestion of PA Speakers Setup for general purpose or compact Line Array.
Regards

Attachments

• APEX B218 sub.jpg
    APEX B218 sub.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 767
  • APEX TOP.jpg
    APEX TOP.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 692
  • APEX PA Setup.jpg
    APEX PA Setup.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 596
  • APEX LINE ARRAY.jpg
    APEX LINE ARRAY.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 233
@apex

very good configuration...but this will require the following...

1. loudspeaker Management Processor...to correct the time alignment issues...in the Mid/Hi Tops section you will notice that the 15" horn is long, so there is a delay, again those 2x8" front loaded and the CD horn is horn loaded again a delay...the CD horn vs the Mid Bass 15" horn is also delayed...a lot comb filtering is happening...corrective action is to use a DBX DR or Behringer UltraDrive.

2.CD horn looks too wide to be use for Line Array configuration...it will cause cancellation...use a horn with a constant directivity horn for line array, Beyma has a good one.

3. Rigging a Line array is very dangerous and expensive...observe safety precautions.

other than the above, everything looks good.

just my thoughts,

have a nice day,
jojo

@eesibiboi

Sorry the K10 is the simplest class H i had in my file, that doesn't require any mosfet driver (ie IR21xx) or hexfet as a rail switch. The only thing that this amp require is the commutating diode (high current, ultrafast recovery) and some fast recovery types (FR102) if you wanna diy it.

yup...i guess someday i'll try doing it myself...till i found some some functional pcb layout for it...
k10 really the simpliest class h i have seen...unlike others that requires mosfet and some rare ic's...

rhodrich...yup b500 is banging in my house...havent powered it with that amount of voltage...i used 60vdc...its driving my mids and hi's...no troubles so far...very clear audio...crisp mids and hi freqs...
i guess you should also build one...

regards
ees...

@eesibiboi

Sorry the K10 is the simplest class H i had in my file, that doesn't require any mosfet driver (ie IR21xx) or hexfet as a rail switch. The only thing that this amp require is the commutating diode (high current, ultrafast recovery) and some fast recovery types (FR102) if you wanna diy it.

There is simpliest class H amp, but use hexfets (IRF3205/IRF4905 in TO220 case are the best choice for this class H step driver) http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/162081-dc-servo-mosfet-amplifier-6.html , post #54.
Regards

Last edited:
This is a bit off topic

I encourage my kababayan to learn something/more about class D amps + SMPS + PFC. This would be the future of audio power amplification. I had a chance to listen to a db tech opera 605 and it sounded very good. It is powered by a Digipro amp module. It draws a maximum 6.3 Amps at full power (600W). It made me realized how much power we have CARELESSLY WASTED during our career in audio using conventional AB amps (at 65 to 70% efficiency at most) probably those wasted power could have made a difference in the mere future. Like cleaner air, calmer climate, greener environment etc. It made me feel that we are depriving the future generations the rights to this things. Just my two cents.

To the Class D, SMPS + PFC designers,gurus, users and enthusiast of this forum. Hats off to you. I am humbled. Got to go now to the Class D realm =)

Search the class d forum for UCD UM10155_1 philips. But you have to first grasp the concept of PWM Amplification, It would be useless to have made the project without knowing what was really going on. It is more like an FM RF AMP. So your conventional board layout technique might or wouldn't work. Have a read on stripline technique.

My first class D amp was a self oscillating type. It was from Alexan. It was a long time ago. It is compose of a comparator (LM311),a Hex gate inverter (Schmitt trigger) to drive a pair of complementary bipolars, an LC filter to integrate the net DC component of PWM signal to a varying DC voltage which is eventually fed to the speakers. I believe Elektor has an H bridge version of these.

@dj_jojo_md

Sir jojo, i'm a new member in diy forum. I'm planning to build a 15 inch subwoofer for home use only. I'm tired of small home theater set up. I bought a lexus la 6000, samson gate compressor, sonic maximizer, distribution amp, and 31 band eq. I already have a pioner and technics receiver, but they are in no way can create a mini earthquake. I've got 2 pairs of 15 inch 2 way speakers. I'm planning to buy a crell CA16 or maybe a QSC GX5 or the new lexus series.

what I need sir jojo is a sub that can seriously cause a chest thumping sound tuned at 50Hz. I know that you are a pro in enclosure design for i have seen your previous thread.

Thanks in advance
watosi

@apexaudio

Yes Sir they look the same...this one is for 15" driver...but this one cannot outrun X1...X1 is a 18" bandpass and BIG enough to shake your house.

Your 15" Hybrid bandpass is also a good example of small footprint subwoofer...it is almost the same with EV mt subscoops, Beyma and Cubo15.

have a nice day,
jojo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.